What's new

Confederate Gardiners

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cascadianshadow and I made a few trips to where I found the Barber quarter and the NY Militia button. Our last trip there when I found the NY button and a couple bullets, Cascadianshadow found a Sweet spill of Gardiners himself. Total there were seven bullets all found in a couple plugs touching each other. Only 6 were in picture though.
The next two hunts were me solo and short hunts. First one I started about a half hour before dark and first decent find was at dark with 3 Gardiners in the same hole.
Next day I spent about 2 hours only finding one more Gardiners, a lead Indian figurine and a British cross.
The cross was British made WWI-WWII "to Helment der Kaiser" To Hell With The Kaiser.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    156 KB · Views: 115
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    422.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 117
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 28
Cool cross, love it, you don't see one of those every day. :icon_thumleft:
 
Congrats on all the lead. And tent rope adjuster. Cool cross also. Hope I get a bullet this weekend. Havent got one in over a year. HH!
 
Great hunt! I love the Gardner bullets.

HH RN
 
I love finding lead! That tent rope tensioner is pretty cool too!!
 
Very well done DS. The lead is killer, but that cross is the prize in my mind!
 
Awesome finds!! Congrats!!!
 
Very nice variety.
Those tent rope tensioners are always a good indication of the area being used as a campsite.
Cool Cross.
Congrats
 
Very nice variety.
Those tent rope tensioners are always a good indication of the area being used as a campsite.
Cool Cross.
Congrats

There's a patch of woods behind this site that was supposedly a camp site. It's really rocky so trying to dig holes is all but, impossible. Also really trashy from the near by houses.
 
Deershed the lead Indian, bullets, tent rope tensioner and the British cross are great saves.
Anyone of your finds would've made my day. Congrats! TM
 
It's not every day you find a Gardiner spill! All nice finds. Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom