What's new

Congaree River Depth?

nickmarch

Hero Member
Joined
May 30, 2009
Messages
574
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!

Can anyone tell me how deep the Congaree River is near Columbia? Approximately?

Thanks!
 
I found the dpeth at USGS. It's about 5 feet.
 
It depends on the river level. I'm from Cayce. I used to swim and Mahal the congaree but now I mostly stay upriver on the saluda. When the river is at normal level it can range from a few feet to over 15 in some spots. Why do you need to know the depth for?
 
Normally, if it's 2.5 feet you're doing good. The level is checked everyday about 7-8 am. I use the site below to check every time before I go to this river. Today it's 3.5 feet, up .2 feet from yesterday. Of course it varies depending on how much water they let thru the Lake Murray dam.

http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/raw/sr/srus42.kcae.rva.cae.txt
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom