Digger70pa
Hero Member
- Joined
- Dec 29, 2012
- Messages
- 737
- Reaction score
- 2,410
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- The Cumberland Valley
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Upvote
0
What tells you that it is an officer's button versus an enlisted?
Only officers had gold buttons in the union army.
Who told you that malarkey?
A majority of all civil war union buttons were gilted i.e. gold finish.
Mike O'Donnell told me friend at a club meeting years ago. He said only officers had gold buttons.
A Dang Fine hunt Digger70.
About the buttons.
I really don't know that much about Union State types , I suppose all NY buttons were Guilded & Well Brass when clean is a Gold Color.
Hmmmm, Maybe He ( Mr. O'Donnell) was talking about GS type buttons? As some have Guilt & Some 'Most' I have seen don't.
Wish I knew more , I just have never found any Union St Button's other than NY, & Don't Buy them ...So I never have really researched them.
I think y'all are both right in a sense.
Anyway Digger Good Saves.