Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conquistador Umax- dated at about 2001-2002

Just bought it from Frank on tnet.......I will post a review since no one has reviewed this detector...

First thoughts.......I see quality, shaft is solid, small control head, looks real analog....which is fine by me......ID won't be missed.
I bought a Tesoro for the famous discrimination......just could'nt afford a new one right now. I will test it soon............

DAY #1 about a hour hunt before work.

I DID THE (hunted out) FRONT YARD:

It found some mem. pennies I had missed through out the yard...can't get a feel for the depth of it yet...guessing 6"(+-) on the pennies depth, pin pointing is coming along......sorting that out, but it sure is discrimanting.....thats what I wanted.
my finds: 7) clad pennies, 2) washers, 1) hunk of plumbing lead @ 7"(+-)

I DID THE OLD SCHOOL:

I decided to discriminate IRON ~to~ PULL TABS out. Just looking for clad, and silver, since I have never had a real good disciminating detector. It chirps on bad signals or deep iffy signals.......and clear tones on the good signals, but the chirps may be a good deep signal....I need to upgrade my earphones, and practice abit more for the deep stuff...Dimes found were @ 3" to 6" deep.
now if I can use it for max depth and read the signals that are deep.....I will be real happy......
my finds: 3) clad dimes, 1) aluminum can shredded salad (it fooled me, it was near surface)

My next test will be depth...dig the iffy signals while on light discrimination, see what it finds.

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
The Conquistador sounds alot like the silver umax. I was wondering how easy is yours to pinpoint?

Ian

OP
OP
jorge del norte

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in all metal......it works....but iffy, need more practice, in discrim.......easy to pin point......but the depth is a ?

no depth ID.......but thats ok.....i'm finding stuff my BH 3300 missed, and I can more accuratly tell it is a good signal.

yeah the silver is simular, hear the silver is good with small objects....

good luck HH

OP
OP
jorge del norte

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Conquistador Umax........Depth Test

I did a depth test, while I trenched the front yard.

I placed each of the following on a shelf of dirt inside the trench @ 6 inches bellow grass root, Discrim- below nickle, Threshold 8-9, Sen 10
rated 1 (bad)-4(good) blip sound,

Wheat----------------3
Lincoln----------------2
Silver Quarter-------4
Merq Dime------------4
Indain Head----------1
Nickel-----------------3

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
does it get the depth that you expected or are you disappointed. i still love the silver umax, but the depth isn't as great as the Tejon , which I have been using.

OP
OP
jorge del norte

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could hear it picking up at 7 inches.......but it was very sketchy......so 6 inches on these targets is interesting to me, disappointed no not really. I was pressing the blades of grass down to get near to there roots. I did the test to see what silver might sound like anyway. I have been missing silver, but I realized I was digging only blow your ears off signals. I have developed a hunting style that is not very productive due to my very busy life, in short I dig "shallow and heavy discriminated loud targets".....I have dug one IH with it and the signal was almost exactly the same as in the test. I think research and slowing down is the key. I started hunting in just between FOIL and NICKEL, so my finds are changing...Keep in mind I am not using good headphones either, with a good pair I believe the results would be much better....I don't know about a Cibola or other upgrade yet.....I need more time.. with this one....So far I like it.

Jorge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions