What's new

Conway but what year?

B|lker

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
673
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I`ve looked at all kinds of sites for a date on this beauty.

I`ve seen some pretty brass ones out there but nothing this large. (2 inches wide)

Hopefully one of you fellow detectorist have found something like this i hope and know its approximate date of use.
 

Attachments

  • pic 002.webp
    pic 002.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 299
  • pic 004.webp
    pic 004.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 300
Bill,
Anything at all stamped into the buckle?
-Doug-
 
Upvote 0
Soaked in vinegar twice.

Applied a little brasso twice.

One warm peroxide bath with no visible markings.

Thanks for your input Doug.
 
Upvote 0
I found one also.
1 7/6 by 1 1/8
I think it's a bridle buckle.
No names or dates on it.
 

Attachments

  • brass buckle 001.webp
    brass buckle 001.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0
I'm ignorant here, (and elsewhere) but what's a Conway? And please don't tell me, "about an ounce and a half!
 
Upvote 0
curbdiggercarl57 said:
I'm --deleted-- here, (and elsewhere) but what's a Conway? And please don't tell me, "about an ounce and a half!

I was wondering that too. Is it a Tim Conway , Jeff Conway, or Conway Twitty?
I guess if you place prisoners on a scale that could be a con-weigh too. :icon_scratch:
-MM-
 

Attachments

  • Tim Conway.webp
    Tim Conway.webp
    1.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Jeff Conway.webp
    Jeff Conway.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Conway Twitty.webp
    Conway Twitty.webp
    3.1 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0
Thanks for looking everyone.

The Conway buckle is still produced today as a horse harness buckle.

Sorry to keep everyone so stumped.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom