Cool morning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
The early mornings are starting to get a little cooler in the water, for me at least. I wasn't in long but by the time I got out I was shaking inside. Time to give a wet suit some more thought! I had heard that the beach was busy yesterday so I decided to give it a try this morning. I must have heard wrong or another hunter beat me to the goodies. I found a lot of tiny little sinkers today. I think someone is having a ball throwing these in the water because they do not looked "used". No matter, I will clear them out. I found only one coin, a penny. I found that unusual. I DID FIND A RING! Well don't get excited. I eyeballed it looking at me through the water. It is a plastic Sesame Street character ring. **sigh** Well, so far I wasn't doing so good! Then I got an nice hit and finally the sound went into overload.... hmmmmmmmmm it turned out to be another knife. I looked this one up and it sells anywhere from 4.50 to 12.00 depending on where you buy it. Well no gold or diamonds for me today but.... there's always tomorrow!

MoneynJunk090609.jpg

Ring0906092.jpg

Knife090609.jpg

When I was ready to leave this morning EmeraldEyes decided she would rather sleep in and didn't want to go but she ended up following me to the beach and got there about an hour after I did. She did better in clad than I did but still didn't get a whole lot today. I think that someone else beat her to that just like they did me. LOL

Finds090609.jpg

You may ask why the feather? Well our cats love to play with the feathers so when we see them we bring those home too. Well that was our day and like I said before.............. tomorrow is another day. Can't wait!

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
A great day on the beach!

The water temp is still in the mid 80's... not too cold.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well mumszie I was always told when you find a feather your angel was watching over you. So you have a good day hope you find the gold tomorrow....Matt

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mumszie! Like your post finds or no finds. Just getting out is wonderful! Our cat brings us presents, mice,lizards,bugs and birds. That big ring out there with your name on it. Detectahead

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That had ta drive ya nuts? How'd you manage to keep those splitshots from falling through? :tongue3:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
SonnyFl said:
That had ta drive ya nuts? How'd you manage to keep those splitshots from falling through? :tongue3:

I cut up a kids plastic strainer and put it on the bottome of my scoop. Take a look at my post "Evening hunt" I put a picture of my scoop there for someone else. I've done that to both of my scoops. It is no good for wet sand hunting but in the water and on the DRY sand it works well - for me!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you have a great attitide in hanging in there, eventually the gold will come :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread