Never used tear gas or touched the canisters have you? Never been part of an entry team with an armed suspect have you?
Then what did you mean when you said "where I watched the tank backing out with flaming napon dripping from it's nozzle"?
G.I.B., No, I have never been on a police force, if that is what you are getting at. I spent 8 years in the Army and handled Both CN and CS teargas deployment along with thermite units. The teargas cans get hot, but can be returned with gloves on. These were the soup can size that are througn, not the 37mm fired units which are smaller. The point I was trying to get across is they could have waited him out, not burn him up. As far as the tanks, they were at Waco. I saw the LIVE coverage of the tank backing out of the building and it had flames dripping from the "gun". It was edited out before the first rerun of the clip. Hay, I have friends on police forces in this area. It's the use of the police I think could have been handled better. We don't need another Rodney King Event. Frank