What's new

✅ SOLVED Copper What's It

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
1,407
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brass What's It

Dug this at an old home site that has yielded no relic newer than Civil War. No idea what this is. It has writing on one side but I can't make out what it says. There is a pattern on the other side as well. There is also a small piece that broke off... I tried to photograph that as well as I could.

Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 20181208_170405_resized.webp
    20181208_170405_resized.webp
    115.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 20181208_170415_resized.webp
    20181208_170415_resized.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20181208_170423_resized.webp
    20181208_170423_resized.webp
    113.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20181208_170438_resized.webp
    20181208_170438_resized.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 20181208_170511_resized.webp
    20181208_170511_resized.webp
    121.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20181208_170435_resized.webp
    20181208_170435_resized.webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Nice save. Im no expert but my guess would be a rifle part.
 
Upvote 0
Says "Holland".
 
Upvote 0
Looks more like an old Window latch
 
Upvote 0

I wonder if it's a part from an early Dutch Musket? :icon_scratch:
Whatever it is it's definitely early... I'm thinking 17thc.

Here are some examples of early Match Lock & Wheel Lock Muskets... including your find.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 20181208_170405_resized-crop.webp
    20181208_170405_resized-crop.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Wheellock3.webp
    Wheellock3.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 41072648b1180842e477282b88f5e4e7--wheellock-pistol-firearms.webp
    41072648b1180842e477282b88f5e4e7--wheellock-pistol-firearms.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 100
  • large_A5778_47.webp
    large_A5778_47.webp
    92.1 KB · Views: 80
  • large_A4654_3.webp
    large_A4654_3.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
I'm thinking part of a valve, like a garden hose or fuel nozzle. There is a Holland that makes pumps and fittings.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find whatever it is. Congrats.
 
Upvote 0
I’m not seeing the gun either, but every time I say that someone posts an exact match...................wait for it..............
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think maybe like the top to an old seltzer water bottle or maybe an old extinguisher.I can't make out if it could have been New Holland, which would bring in a possible tractor or farm machinery part.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom