What's new

Coral

605dano

Full Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
191
Reaction score
171
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out last monday looking for mushrooms. The mushrooms were spent but found this fossilized coral. One never knows what you will drag home.
 

Attachments

  • rocks week of 6-3-18 005.webp
    rocks week of 6-3-18 005.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • rocks week of 6-3-18 008.webp
    rocks week of 6-3-18 008.webp
    924.9 KB · Views: 104
Not coral. At a glance, it looks like aluminum slag to me. I could be wrong, but would need to know where it was found.
 
I strongly believe this is coral. It has weathered out of limestone. The area I found it is littered with limestone boulders that are full of pieces. I just picked up a couple to carry out as I was a couple of miles off road. I was 6500 ft. above sea level on a limestone plateau. Coral here is common.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom