What's new

Corn stubble success, oldest coin yet!!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
2,414
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the stubble field, with different coil, and an idea where to start on the 1876 home site................................bingo first hole, a 1864 2 cent piece, kinda rough, but my oldest coin to date. Then not 20 ft away a 1865 Indian, my oldest Indian to date! Found lots of square nails:BangHead:, and a few other pieces 102_8536.webp102_8539.webp102_8538.webp This is going to be a good spot :laughing7: Not one pull tab:hello2:
 
Upvote 38
Congrats on the finds & your oldest. The best hunting I have ever had is in a corn field and still finding there.
 
Congrats on the finds! I like the two cent piece, they are really cool I've only found one so far.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom