it means you could blow a whole day wondering the water without a sound and only get a couple chewed up pieces of can and very few coins. I have been there a couple times and its down right disgusting. I'm talking 6 hour hunts while hubby was on a fishing charter. I dropped a quarter and watched it sink into the sand there one day waited a couple minutes and passed the detector over it, it was a faint single and took 3 scoops to recover. But I believe if you can catch it at the right time, it would be a gold mine. The area is so large that people spread out everywhere. Rockport beach is not deep, has pavillions, and lots of traffic. The bottom is clay, personally i think the water there feels like an icky kiddie pool, your looking at a few feet deep across the bay, but everyone tends to sit in the water. So that is a good thing. Good luck and let me know how you do.