What's new

Frequency of finding gold/silver

Crunchyhippo

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
292
Reaction score
612
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Florida
Just wondering how often others find gold and/or silver (not costume jewelry) when at the beach? I know it depends on how often one goes out, how often one stays, the number of other detectorists hunting, etc, but I'm still curious about how often other beaches produce, all things considered.
 
Upvote 0
Two others factors how old is the beach site that you’re hunting how many people gather each day on that beach? Is it a lot or is it a little?
Try and go an hour before low tide look for any cuts compressions on the beach. I truly believe in my opinion that every beach holds many gold rings. You just gotta be there at the right time in the right place and put your coil over it.
 
Two others factors how old is the beach site that you’re hunting how many people gather each day on that beach? Is it a lot or is it a little?
Try and go an hour before low tide look for any cuts compressions on the beach. I truly believe in my opinion that every beach holds many gold rings. You just gotta be there at the right time in the right place and put your coil over it.
Thanks - but you never answered my question. How often do you find gold/silver when you go out? Once a week? A month? A year?
 
Just wondering how often others find gold and/or silver (not costume jewelry) when at the beach? I know it depends on how often one goes out, how often one stays, the number of other detectorists hunting, etc, but I'm still curious about how often other beaches produce, all things considered.
Too many variables, time of year, how many different beaches hunted, how much traffic the beaches have, how many hunt them, and always how lucky you are,

I have found gold on back to back to back hunts, then not find any for month, best day was 5 gold rings on same day.
 
I've had years I almost found gold every hunt, and silver also. Many hunts multiple.

2026 .. Silver almost every hunt, Gold ..not the best year but 18 hunts for the year, 9 gold total. 8 are gold rings. My last three hunts, Nada on the gold, silver coins every hunt.

And I hunt mostly older beaches, ones that opened in the early 1900s and closed in the earlier 70s..
 
I've had years I almost found gold every hunt, and silver also. Many hunts multiple.

2026 .. Silver almost every hunt, Gold ..not the best year but 18 hunts for the year, 9 gold total. 8 are gold rings. My last three hunts, Nada on the gold, silver coins every hunt.

And I hunt mostly older beaches, ones that opened in the early 1900s and closed in the earlier 70s..
Nice to go to hunt on a beaches with enough population visits over the years to help increase the odds of both silver and gold items.
Great tips you point out for hunting grounds.
 
I can’t say exactly how frequent I find gold. But statistically gold usually equates to around 20 percent of the rings I find. So far this year I’ve found 34 rings total, 6 of them are gold. I know that’s not what you are trying to figure out but it’s the best information I have based on my own hunts. Last month I found 3 gold rings and prior to that I had 3 since the first of the year. It’s all dependent on weather events, location and human traffic among other factors.
 
Thanks - but you never answered my question. How often do you find gold/silver when you go out? Once a week? A month? A year?
Just look at the main thread page and you'll see that SNT has started 3 threads with new finds in the last 3 weeks, so looks like he's on a good streak, finding gold/silver every week. Here's his last 3 threads:

June 24 - Out of the Blue & Into the Black
July 77 - Back In Black and Into the Yellow
July 12 - My First GOLD BAR!!!!
 
Thanks - but you never answered my question. How often do you find gold/silver when you go out? Once a week? A month? A year?
Hey crunch, I find it hard to say it can be so random at times and then it can be like the floodgates opened and you’re finding one every time you go out you just never know I’ve been out and found a dozen old silver coins, and maybe a silver ring or two with no gold then I’ve gone out and found lots of clad and then a gold band pops up! Everybody’s different. Everybody has different machines. Everybody has different skill levels and everybody lives in a different part of the country like treasure said there are so many variables!
Experience in years, the type of equipment you work with and where you live how many opportunities you have, it can be difficult. This is where research and development come in huge.
Most importantly, persistence don’t give up keep hunting. It’s good for you.🏴‍☠️
 
Just look at the main thread page and you'll see that SNT has started 3 threads with new finds in the last 3 weeks, so looks like he's on a good streak, finding gold/silver every week. Here's his last 3 threads:

June 24 - Out of the Blue & Into the Black
July 77 - Back In Black and Into the Yellow
July 12 - My First GOLD BAR!!!!
SS I’m so glad you got my six’s😎🏴‍☠️
 
SS I’m so glad you got my six’s😎🏴‍☠️
Roger that SNT, guess I should "blame" or thank my drill sergeant in Basic Training. Having our brothers six was drilled into our heads as a top priority. Teamwork makes the Dream Work, lol.
 
Clearwater Beach has lots of detectorists hunting there, to be sure - but it also has tons of people out, every single day. Sometimes it's difficult to hunt in the water, having to squeeze in between the crowds. It's hard to believe that hunting at least three times a week for 15 months, two-to-three hours a shot, I've only found a single item made of gold - a small cross. Even bling jewelry is scarce. With all the variables, it clearly doesn't appear that other beaches have this gold-scarcity problem. I occasionally talk to other detectorists when I'm out, and they also complain about the lack of findings (I'm referring to hunting in the water). I can only conclude that there must be a horde of detectorists sweeping the water all day long, every day when I'm not there, like aquatic farm combines, finding all the goodies in order to make it as barren as it is.
 
Clearwater Beach has lots of detectorists hunting there, to be sure - but it also has tons of people out, every single day. Sometimes it's difficult to hunt in the water, having to squeeze in between the crowds. It's hard to believe that hunting at least three times a week for 15 months, two-to-three hours a shot, I've only found a single item made of gold - a small cross. Even bling jewelry is scarce. With all the variables, it clearly doesn't appear that other beaches have this gold-scarcity problem. I occasionally talk to other detectorists when I'm out, and they also complain about the lack of findings (I'm referring to hunting in the water). I can only conclude that there must be a horde of detectorists sweeping the water all day long, every day when I'm not there, like aquatic farm combines, finding all the goodies in order to make it as barren as it is.
Perhaps the biggest factor is having a big enough storm to move enough sand around to replenish the hunted out ground you are now on?
 
Perhaps the biggest factor is having a big enough storm to move enough sand around to replenish the hunted out ground you are now on?
Replenished beaches must be very frustrating!
 
Clearwater Beach has lots of detectorists hunting there, to be sure - but it also has tons of people out, every single day. Sometimes it's difficult to hunt in the water, having to squeeze in between the crowds. It's hard to believe that hunting at least three times a week for 15 months, two-to-three hours a shot, I've only found a single item made of gold - a small cross. Even bling jewelry is scarce. With all the variables, it clearly doesn't appear that other beaches have this gold-scarcity problem. I occasionally talk to other detectorists when I'm out, and they also complain about the lack of findings (I'm referring to hunting in the water). I can only conclude that there must be a horde of detectorists sweeping the water all day long, every day when I'm not there, like aquatic farm combines, finding all the goodies in order to make it as barren as it is.
You have to consider people are not wearing gold like they use to so that will affect the fresh drop beaches. I have several locals that keep me up with what is going on at the fresh drop beaches, things are slow here also.
 
For comparison, in 2014, the global jewelry market was valued at USD 157 billion.

During the past nine years, the jewelry market value has grown by $183.00 billion, more than doubling in size.

In fact, these figures have made jewelry one of the fastest-growing segments in fashion during the past five years.

China Jewelry Market Value (USD) $141.10 billion % Of Total Jewelry Market 41.5%

United States Jewelry Market Value (USD) $69.15 billion % Of Total Jewelry Market 20%

Any beach metal detecting in China?
 
You have to consider people are not wearing gold like they use to so that will affect the fresh drop beaches. I have several locals that keep me up with what is going on at the fresh drop beaches, things are slow here also.
Yet other detectorists in this forum, unlike me, report finding gold on a somewhat regular basis. I think people are dropping it here. It makes me wonder if there aren't some people detecting in the water at night instead of waiting until first light.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OBN
For comparison, in 2014, the global jewelry market was valued at USD 157 billion.

During the past nine years, the jewelry market value has grown by $183.00 billion, more than doubling in size.

In fact, these figures have made jewelry one of the fastest-growing segments in fashion during the past five years.

China Jewelry Market Value (USD) $141.10 billion % Of Total Jewelry Market 41.5%

United States Jewelry Market Value (USD) $69.15 billion % Of Total Jewelry Market 20%

Any beach metal detecting in China?
Why would you I have never ever once found a piece of jewelry worth any value that was stamped from China😂
OK, wait there is one piece but it doesn’t say made in China and I don’t even know if it’s Chinese. I’ll show you a pic!!
I would probably say Indian from India being it’s almost 24 carat🏴‍☠️
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    391.9 KB · Views: 18
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    313.1 KB · Views: 21
Why would you I have never ever once found a piece of jewelry worth any value that was stamped from China😂
OK, wait there is one piece but it doesn’t say made in China and I don’t even know if it’s Chinese. I’ll show you a pic!!
I would probably say Indian from India being it’s almost 24 carat🏴‍☠️
Well, there should be enough people wearing gold and silver that could be lost on the beaches there?
For sure the sheer numbers of people visiting the beaches is there.
Not everyone is wearing low value jewelry on some of the beach grounds.
 
I hear the same thing that people aren't wearing gold like they use to but I see so many people gold necklaces on.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom