1 MB · Views: 110
  • cottonwood 2.jpg
    cottonwood 2.jpg
    890 KB · Views: 108
  • cottonwood 1.jpg
    cottonwood 1.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 136
Stunning scenery. Thanks for sharing.

Yep, one of my favorite parts of the state. I think winter has started and this snow we're gettin is gonna stay and not melt off much. Not bad here in Frisco but Breck looks like Christmastime last year. I can still dig as the ground's not frozen yet. Along the lake yesterday found an assortment of lead weights, fishin lures, and 14 cents, on of em a 54 S. Time for everybody to make sure their vehicle anti-freeze is up to par.

I love that road. I knew it drops down to Taylor's Lake but didnt really where else you could go from there. I suppose you can drive north and hit Clear Creek Road and pop back out on the Arkansas River. Right ? We spent a week at a little fish camp on Cottonwood Road once. It was called Rainbow Lake. A very old place from the 1940's. It had an out of this world view of one of the collegiate peaks. Love your story.

I love that road. I knew it drops down to Taylor's Lake but didnt really where else you could go from there. I suppose you can drive north and hit Clear Creek Road and pop back out on the Arkansas River. Right ? We spent a week at a little fish camp on Cottonwood Road once. It was called Rainbow Lake. A very old place from the 1940's. It had an out of this world view of one of the collegiate peaks. Love your story.
You are correct. I took Cottonwood from Buena Vista past Taylor Res. to Gunnison. Rainbow Lake, I forgot about that place. I have fished in it many moons ago, as I did live in Buena Vista in the late 70's and early 80's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back