Could be this gold??

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi everybody,

I´ve got very interesting sample of a rock. It is coming from the field where it had been gold mine many years ago. It seems to me at first glimpse as a borite or cuprite but it is too compact, yellowish, not so bright and definitely no tiny flakes or composition like pyrite or chalcopyrite. The rock is small but very, very heavy. This small sample weights 17,1 grams.

My question is: could be gold in a rock together with borite or pyrite?

Anyway, see the photos bellow..... Thanks for your expert opinion guys!

Regards,
Lobo

Attachments

• IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

diggerdoug2

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
rockymount nc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
pyrite and gold dont mix. they can be associate with each other. if gold has been found in the area. you may be real close to the vain. take another look and take some samples. good luck.
diggerdoug2

Robo57

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like pyrite to me take a pair of players and gentle sneeze it. If it is gold it should feel kinds soft, but pyrite will crush and shatter.

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello,
Thanks for your opinions. I sneeze it and it definitely did not crush nor shatter. I also tried jewelers´ test liquid for 22 carat gold and it stayed.... I have found quite a lot rocks with pyrite (fools gold) flakes on the surface. They shattered and they were easily crushed between finger nails. This one not, you can take it our hard only by press sneezing and the cut part of the stone is not possible to take the gold color out by no way.

I am not an expert at all, that´s why I am asking you, professional gold prospectors, for your opinion, but my humble opinion is, that it is everything else less pyrit.....

Regards,
Lobo

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope !
Not gold by any means...Chalcopyrite maybe.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread