What's new

Counterfeit King George Copper, Shoe Buckle Frame and More

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
925
Golden Thread
1
Location
NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
I got out to a new foundation I found recently. Soon into the hunt I get a decent signal and out comes the shoe buckle frame. I love digging those so that made my day already. This place is loaded with Iron, in the heavy iron I was able to pull the Tombac button, the toe tap piece and the thimble. After more junk I dug up what I believe is a valve of some sort if anyone knows about it would be cool to hear. Soon after the valve I dug up the large cooper which is very thin and in poor condition when it came out of the ground. It doesn't have much detail, but after to emailing Don from Jersey and Don from Brewster, I believe it to be counterfeit. It weighs 6.9 grams. Anyways a fun hunt, thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 20150426_120828 (2).webp
    20150426_120828 (2).webp
    856 KB · Views: 224
  • 20150426_132239 (2).webp
    20150426_132239 (2).webp
    724.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 20150426_164429 (2).webp
    20150426_164429 (2).webp
    260.7 KB · Views: 174
  • new group pic.webp
    new group pic.webp
    730.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 20150427_155936 (2).webp
    20150427_155936 (2).webp
    375.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 20150427_160002 (2).webp
    20150427_160002 (2).webp
    525.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 20150427_171208.webp
    20150427_171208.webp
    629.2 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 26
Now that was a nice hunt, Bubba. Keep at it.

Kirk
 
very nice collection of digs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom