County Farm

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
1876 plat map lists this proprety as "County Farm" 170 acres of relic paradise unfortunately 168 acres of it was frozen below three inches I had to leave behind a thousand good signals

Recently bulldozed about 35% of the property the ground is full of broken crock bricks and glass of all colors
This is one of the most promising sites Ive ever had permission to search

Attachments

• DSC00821.JPG
    DSC00821.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC00793.JPG
    DSC00793.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC00807.JPG
    DSC00807.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC00821.JPG
    DSC00821.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC00813.JPG
    DSC00813.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 210
sweet, nice finds, thats a lot of land, keep us posted on the finds. HH

Wow, great finds. That's a lot of land alright. You might need some help searching all of that, LOL. I'd help if needed!! Hope the finds keep comming. HH Dan

The old plats in the county that I live have county farms but they say county poor farms where poor people lived and worked the farm for the county. This might be a poor farm your hunting and your finds look promising for more good stuff. Good luck.

Wolverine.

Love the history! By "county farm" you think it means the county poor farm? I'm in the next county over if you need any help! :)

Edit: Wolverine beat me to it by about 20 seconds. hehe

thanks for the posting of the county farm it brought back memory of a county farm and poor house we once had in our county that was long ago forgotten will check it out when the weather clears.

My kind of digs! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back