Couple more blings - Is this Arabic?

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple more rings from the last two days. Found the shiny one in a snow dump (still a little snow there too). Thought it was white gold, but read 74 on the old MXT. Also can't find a hallmark on it because it's inscribed on the inside and outside of the ring in what appears to be Arabic.

Little beater ring is .925 and lost a fight with the pea gravel in a playground.

Attachments

• IMG_0778s.jpg
    IMG_0778s.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 443
  • Closeup.jpg
    Closeup.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 469
  • BeaterBling.jpg
    BeaterBling.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 441
Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds and the ring looks like it belongs to golem [LORD OF THE RINGS] LOL happy hunting

tinpan

Calico Jack

Sep 20, 2005
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
The last person who found that was supposed to throw it into a volcano. Apparently, they didn't make it. The burden is yours now.

B

beachgirl

congratulations, the second ring looks very nice. the first ring is still being sold in catalogs, you just need to find a big fan of lord of the rings

OP
OP
Gadget

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your collective wisdom. You're right on the mark! Now I can sleep well with the "mystery of the ring" solved.

Silvestri

Apr 29, 2006
suncoast sw florida
Detector(s) used
eyes in my head for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go....! I don't think it is Arabic..it might be Elvish though..or more seriously something like Gaelic, which If I am not mistaken, JRR tolkien based the Elvish script on the one ring..on..so to speak...But there's only one way to tell...you'll have to throw it in a fire...you got a fireplace up there? JK..don't do that..My uneducated shot-in-the dark-unsoliticited bad advice is that it is Gaelic writing ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions