Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All of you were so helpful responding to my first post. I figured I would throw a couple more at you.

1. On average how many rolls (or a dollar figure) would you say you search on a weekly basis? I know everyone's numbers will vary wildly, I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of time investment is needed.

2. When searching penny rolls what else are you keeping besides the wheaties? Any special mint marks?

Thanks to everyone and HH.:icon_thumleft:
Fenway

Upvote 0

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is different some search 1-2 boxes a week. Some do 1-2 a day. I myself try for 1-3 a week depending on if I am near my p/u band or dump bank.(saves me gas) and as far as cents go.
Easiest to spot are the 98,99,2000 wide AM cents. The 92 close AM. Also doublig on the fronts an backs.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
On average how many rolls (or a dollar figure) would you say you search on a weekly basis? I know everyone's numbers will vary wildly, I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of time investment is needed.

The time investment is the same as the monetary investment - whatever you feel comfortable with. At first, I had more time to invest than money. After awhile, I had more money to invest than time, particularly with respect to dumping. Right now, I'm pretty much at equilibrium, though that will likely change after construction season starts up again.

Bottom line, do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Keep it a hobby, don't let it turn into a job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread