What's new

Couple of cool tokens

Hoosier axe hunter

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2024
Messages
132
Reaction score
341
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Nokta makro legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these this fall, 1 is a Brunswick Co.Chicago, Jacob Green, the other is BAERS, good for a beer or 5cent cigar, not much info on the BAERS token any help is appreciated, thanks
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251207_014319792.webp
    PXL_20251207_014319792.webp
    360.1 KB · Views: 129
  • PXL_20251207_014244930.webp
    PXL_20251207_014244930.webp
    387 KB · Views: 96
Nice tokens.
It's one thing I don't dig very often.
 
These 2 were a nice surprise, I was working a hillside loaded with iron signals, found a 58flying eagle and a couple of IH same day.
I would love to see the pictures of the flying eagle and Indian Heads!
 
Good Finds.

'Token Catalog' lists the BAERS (crossed) tokens as from Salt Lake City, Utah: 1906-1917 for William Baer's saloon at 14 W. 2nd South; and 1922-1942 for Baer's Cafe/Baer's Lunch, restaurant, 22 W. 1st South.

Long way from home. Tokens are always a plus!!!!
 
Good Finds.

'Token Catalog' lists the BAERS (crossed) tokens as from Salt Lake City, Utah: 1906-1917 for William Baer's saloon at 14 W. 2nd South; and 1922-1942 for Baer's Cafe/Baer's Lunch, restaurant, 22 W. 1st South.

WOW, that is a long way from Whitley county IN, thanks for the info, I couldn't find anything on that one, I believe the Jacob Green is from Cromwell IN, that's only 20 mile N if where it was found.thanks again.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251216_232701356.webp
    PXL_20251216_232701356.webp
    979.3 KB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20251216_232744883.webp
    PXL_20251216_232744883.webp
    865.5 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the pictures. Congratulations, again!
 
Great finds - congrats !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom