What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Couple of Pieces from an 1870s Era Indian Wars Fort Site

Mason Jarr

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
1,912
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 80
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure what these are and would appreciate any help id'ing them. I first thought they were some type of ferrule or support piece for a tool, such as a hoe handle, but the metal is very thin and I don't think it would be strong enough to serve as a support. When I found them, both had been bent flat. I was able to straighten the one on the left back to what I felt was the original shape. The one on the right is mangled and cracked and I think if I try to straighten it, it'll break.
 

Attachments

  • 20211023_092040.webp
    20211023_092040.webp
    270.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 20211023_092057.webp
    20211023_092057.webp
    191.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 20211023_092122.webp
    20211023_092122.webp
    244.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 20211023_092155.webp
    20211023_092155.webp
    194.6 KB · Views: 113
Maybe the same sort of part for a brush to hold the bristles tight.
 
Upvote 1
Ideas:
Top of parasols
Bottom of walking sticks/canes
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom