I have 2 excals and 4 battery pods. One pod is aftermarket. As painfull as it is to purchase another excal and atleast an extra battery, it is worth it even though you shouldn't have to.
As far as my opinion goes with Minelab, there service is still at one or two stars out of 5. I don't care if they have employees that are monitoring this or not. Actually, I hope they do.
I sent my oldest machine in yesterday for a makeover and to repair my threshold problem . I asked for rush service since I'm leaving on a hunt trip soon. There reply is first come first serve. (10-14 days to look at it) In other words, It sits on a bench untill they can get to it.
Thats as good as telling me "We Don't Care". If they did care I would have the machine back quick and pay the extra rush service fee. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Garret, Fisher, Whites, Tosoro help a guy out that needed quick service and is willing to pay ? I have sold 14 excals for Minelab to my friends / family and my Dive partners. Lets see ...huuum.. that is about $20,000 dollars worth of detectors. And thats the kind of service we get?
I am close to going to Garret machines because of poor service problems with Minelabs. It's sad because it is one hell of a great machine. There have been many problems with the service provided by this company.Too many to list.
Well, we shall see when I get my first call from them. Hopefully quick and no problems.
Take care