What's new

Creek Finds

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a hot spot going on in the creek. Large broken tooth. Bone Bead. Celt/Pottery Handle. Antler piece. F/A point. Catfish spine. Not sure about the black material?
 

Attachments

  • wild w 057.webp
    wild w 057.webp
    354.4 KB · Views: 243
  • wild w 055.webp
    wild w 055.webp
    272.9 KB · Views: 168
  • wild w 052.webp
    wild w 052.webp
    494.5 KB · Views: 179
  • wild w 049.webp
    wild w 049.webp
    556.8 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
Sorry about the pics. The bead in the middle is 1.25 inches. And the antler piece is over 2 inches.
 
Last edited:
very nice day you had.grats
 
The black thing with the hole looks like shell tempered pottery. Is it whole or broken? Nice site that is giving up some bone tools and animal teeth. You are in a very good area.
 
Great looking pieces Keith. I think the black of the Bone is from being in a fire. I found a lot of Bone just like that and that is what we always thought was the cause. The Deer Antler piece is very interesting. It could be a Projectile with a groove instead of being drilled. Nice looking Bone Bead and Pottery Handle as well. You bringing those to Ripley with you?
 
Thanks for the replies. A friend of mine who is a taxidermist and big game hunter was looking for antler sheds. He saw the tooth right after I found it. He thought it was from a cat. And I'll bring the antler to the show Steve. They may have used it as a flaking tool. The black stuff is bone. And burnt seems logical as I found quite a bit of charcoal in the area. I took the pics with my friends new camera and I can't seem to get a good pic even on the macro setting.
 
nice hunt
good bead and some nice perforating and flaking tools
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom