What's new

Crisp 1981 Series Chicago $5 Bill

AU24K

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
15,511
Reaction score
14,116
Golden Thread
0
Location
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got a CRISP 1981 $5 bill with a Chicago FRD. I was told it could be worth upwards of $75. My question is, who or where could I get it graded and encapsulated(?) slabbed(?) and how much would it cost?
Thanks in advance.
Scott
 
Daddytopcat said:
I recently got a CRISP 1981 $5 bill with a Chicago FRD. I was told it could be worth upwards of $75. My question is, who or where could I get it graded and encapsulated(?) slabbed(?) and how much would it cost?
Thanks in advance.
Scott

'CRISP' as in crisp paper with a few folds or 'CRISP' as in brand new uncirculated, no wear at all?
 
Crisp as in no folds, uncirculated--just like from the mint.
Scott
 

Attachments

  • IM001970.webp
    IM001970.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,371
Nice. That's a keeper!
 
Can nobody give me info on getting it certified, etc.???
Scott
 
I'm pretty sure PCGS does currency grading as well...check their website for more information.
 
Thanks Jack. I was just hoping to get feedback on good/bad experiences from those who have used various companies.
Scott
 
Thanks Don. Darn, gonna have to get that book!
Scott
 
Daddytopcat said:
Can nobody give me info on getting it certified, etc.???
Scott

I'll give you my opinion on it if you really want it: Don't bother because that note won't sell for more than maybe $10-15 if you are lucky. Certification fees through PCGS currency or other grading and certification companies will run you much more than that.

But if you are dead set on doing it, then google 'PCGS currency' and you should be able to follow the links to do a submission.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom