CRISPINS CRITTERS

I lit this last night.
OMG.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Over 3 minutes of WAY more noise then you would expect from 1 1/2 firecrackers. Of course having 4,000 might have had something to do with that. You could see the glow(s) for quiet a distance.... And the smoke covered a block!

DSCN1729.JPG

DSCN9891.JPG

DSCN9892.JPG

Last edited:
OV,

Do you share your famous stuffed mushroom recipe or do we have to grovel and beg....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Regards + HH

Bill

Commence begging!! (cash can be substituted for groveling....):laughing7::laughing7:

I believe if you click the pic 3 times it is supersized.

DSCN1731.JPG

DSCN1735.JPG

DSCN1736.JPG

Burnt out on pizza.........

I haven't eaten a pizza that I didn't make since I last worked at Dominos at least 3 years ago...
----------------------

Made tacos tonight with ground beef and chorizo.
Topped with diced tomatoes, finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese and salsa verde sprinkled with cilantro and some of Uncle Bill's magic pepper dust.
THERE'S my New Years fireworks!

If you are bored of cooking, planning, preparing and cleaning up afterwards, as I frequently find myself, think of the meals that you had growing up.
What was your favorite meal?
Who prepared it?

Did you assist?

Could you create that meal again?

Sometimes cooking is a way to escape other problems of the moment that should be put "on the back burner."
In the "Grand Scheme of Things...."

As a child, my Mom encouraged me to help in the kitchen.
I remember her pulling a chair up to the stove so that I could stand on it to help.

At first, it was just stirring something....

She always had time to explain what was next....
How to time everything to be done at the same time and other nuances....

I remember that she didn't use many spices...

Perhaps she had never had opportunity to explore how different spices worked with the dish....

The recipes that I remember are two-fold:
The original that I remember helping to prepare and the same recipes that I've enhanced with spices.

Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes, the "Strolling Bones" was one of my musical influences as I explored music as a youth.

I became quite the collector of albums...

Here's one that I have, still in pristine condition, that is worth quite a bit.....

IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Scott,

As the Brits would say probably worth a few quid.....speaking of the Stones here's a nice rendition of Ruby Tuesday by the Coors with backup guitar by Ron Woods.
enjoy!

Last edited:
Scott,

As the Brits would say probably worth a few quid.....speaking of the Stones here's a nice rendition of Ruby Tuesday by the Coors with backup guitar by Ron Woods.
enjoy!

A few quid, eh, Mate?

C'mon. You know that you don't carry enough pounds on you to purchase this collectible!

Perhaps you really don't care for the Stones.
What's your jolly, Mate?

And how much have you to spend?

LOL!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Scott,

I enjoy the Brits tongue in cheek dry humor....my next door neighbor is from the UK and one day coming home from work he had a grin on his face and mentioned he had a bit of a rough landing at work with the plane he was flying....lol.

Turns out he shows me a picture from the local newspaper where the airport was located....turns out the landing gear wouldn't come down so he landed the plane on it's belly and totaled it after the foamed the runway down.

Regards + HH

Bill

Well!

Here we are, the first day of a new year.

Glad to see that most of my Friends have made it another year...
Those who didn't will always be in my memory and a part of who I am....

Rest in Peace, Mental Granny....

Now then...Down to business, shall we....

What resolutions have you made, Hmmmm?

You DO see that MORTAL life is a fleeting passage towards some other existence, right?

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Scott,

I enjoy the Brits tongue in cheek dry humor....my next door neighbor is from the UK and one day coming home from work he had a grin on his face and mentioned he had a bit of a rough landing at work with the plane he was flying....lol.

Turns out he shows me a picture from the local newspaper where the airport was located....turns out the landing gear wouldn't come down so he landed the plane on it's belly and totaled it after the foamed the runway down.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,

I've served with many Brave men and women from across the globe and I quickly learned their language, their culture and can still today find myself lost once again, miles from home. Anywhere in the world!

Best,

Scott

Я мужчина человечества.

Last edited:
Scott,

I guess I jumped the gun on New Years resolutions and gave up smoking Dec 15th with a big push from the Doc....so far so good no patch, gum or anything and haven't cheated once.

Regards + HH

Bill

Well!

Here we are, the first day of a new year.

Glad to see that most of my Friends have made it another year...
Those who didn't will always be in my memory and a part of who I am....

Rest in Peace, Mental Granny....

Now then...Down to business, shall we....

What resolutions have you made, Hmmmm?

You DO see that MORTAL life is a fleeting passage towards some other existence, right?

Best,

Scott

Tonight, on

"Cooking with Ham"

"With Your Host.... SCOTT!"
(applause....)

"Thank you, Friends!

Tonight I've prepared a "Scalloped potato and Ham Casserole."
For later tonight munchie cravings....
(It's a wonder that I'm not obese....)

We be eating good in the neighborhood. 'Cause Scotty be cookin'. Dig?"

For recipes and information, poke me and I'll reply.
For other messages, poke me twice....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Folks,

The Scorpions - Across the Universe.

A "Cold War" Vet?

Yes. and the baggage carried....
Baggage that I carry always....

Even today, that which interferes with such simple matters as...playing your hand,
While holding two pair, Aces and Eights....
My Lucky day!

SLEEP!
This week? Nah. Too much to miss while napping.....
This is the week that will change my direction and Life!

Be well, my Friend!

Scott

Full Screen?

Sure.
The world is our oyster.....

Last edited:
I am weary tonight and hope to wake tomorrow morn.....

And, is Friendship ever forgotten?

I think not.....

Good night, my Friends....

Always my best wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back