CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why, in your, opinion, do vets end up homeless? One would think they learn discipline, getting the job done, and so many things which would serve them well in civilian life.
And do you see homeless female vets? Never seem to hear about them.

Let me try to answer your questions.

The homeless Vets that you hear about did indeed learn discipline and the things that you mention.
While serving, they had a sense of "family" that is far different than what one would consider as a "traditional" family.
During their time of service, they experienced and witnessed things that most civilians can never even imagine.
But, throughout their experiences, they were ALWAYS with their "Family" to lend support, advice and comfort.
Upon discharge, they lost that "lifeline" and had to try to re-adjust to a world where no one understood their emotional problems, no one knew how to reply to their stresses and thus would generally avoid them and their unique set of circumstances.
With the feeling of ostracization, many found it hard to be accepted by some of their "traditional family" members, on civilian jobs and even their old friends.
The end result of this feeling is alcohol abuse, drug abuse, a feeling of worthlessness, hopelessness and far too frequently despair leading some 20+ to suicide every day.

Once America realizes that Veterans are deserving of the help that they deserve, including job placement skills, social skills and mental health care in addition to physical health care, the plight of this Nation's Heroes will enable them to re-integrate into civilian society more readily and become one of the greatest assets of this country.

I mentor 2 Veterans in the Hall County, Georgia Veteran's Court and am proud to say that my 2 guys are on the path to becoming the men that they were when they gave their oath to protect and defend.
I have just volunteered to take on a third Vet as a mentor.
A new guy to the program who, based upon yesterday's court session, is certainly in need of a fellow Vet to help him transition to civilian life.
I cannot give any details, but suffice it to say, that I'm sure that he and I will bond quickly and I can help him.

Hope all have a Great Thanksgiving!

Best of Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A song that I hummed and sang chorus to today as I practically rebuilt a Crown double jack.....
Guess that I can check off old girl jack #112 as having been PM'd. :thumbsup:
I dropped her back to the ground off of the jack stands, slapped her on the ....
and turned her loose for the selectors to pull stock with.
I hope that they treat her nice.....
Yeah, I'll be watchin' them.

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think I'll go shooting tomorrow with my new Ruger 9E,
in the country, on my Landlord's property.

Might borrow my Landlords .38, also.
After volunteering to serve Thanksgiving meals at "Good News At Noon."

http://www.goodnewsatnoon.org/

Scott

Pictures?
Most certainly!

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I am not currently enrolled in academic endeavors at this time, that does not mean that I am dormant of acquiring knowledge.
I study harder now, more than ever before.....

IMG_2518.JPG

If anyone would like their own copy of this publication, let me know.
I'll see to it that you receive a copy, free of charge.
Perhaps you also can help a Vet.....

Scott

"Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge."
Plato

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I watched this on my phone with my dog. She licked the phone! Well folks let me say Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 12 y/o grandson bought me a shirt- I breathe underwater. What’s your super power! I love it. Leaving tomorrow on cruise........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread