What's new

Cross update 2

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning was a disappointment but also a fantastic morning. Now how can that be? Well, I agreed to meet the lady to return the cross I found earlier and she never showed up. I couldn’t believe it! The only thing I can think is maybe something came up and she had no way of contacting me. I’ve already told you that she is a homeless lady and sleeps at a mission at night. She is never there during the day. I am not going to take it to the mission and leave it. I was feeling real bad about her situation and although there is nothing I can do about that I really would like to make sure this cross gets back to her personally. I also felt bad about her chain. She told me that it broke when she was in the water and that was the way she lost the cross. Soooo I decided to take one of the silver chains I found last year and put the cross on that. It really doesn’t match very good even though they are both 925 silver. The chain is Italian silver and a little too heavy for the cross. The cross is a “made in China” item and although they are both 925, they just don’t match but I didn’t think she would care one way or the other.

Crossnchain083110.jpg

But…. She never showed up. Ah well. If she calls me again I will tell her that I will keep the cross with me and if and when she sees me there again I will be glad to return it but I am not going to make another special trip there. So that was my disappointment for the morning.

NOW for the exciting part! I was hunting and not really finding much at all. I did find 2 rings. Yep, 2 rings! But both are junk. CRAP!


Ring0831102.jpg


Ring0831101.jpg

I found very little change, 39 cents BUT…… I found a “V” nickel! When I first pulled it up I could see it wasn’t one of the usual coins I find. I picked it out of my scoop and could just make out the “V”. Are you kidding me? It WAS a “V”! My gosh this is the oldest coin I’ve ever found and IN the water to boot. Now I am trying to get it cleaned up and hope I don’t ruin it in the process. I can just see the date and I think is says 1910. I am really excited about this find.

V083110head.jpg


V083110back.jpg

I also found another coin and it was so encrusted I couldn’t make out what it was. This one turned out to be a Swedish 25 ORE coin. At first I did think it was a dime. It was just too small for a dime but close. I can see the 19 very clear but can’t make out the rest of the date on this at least not yet. I’ll keep working on it. This picture is from the internet because my clean up job didn't turn out very well but it is the same coin. I just can't make out the date on mine.

CoinSwedenf.jpg


CoinSwedenb.jpg

I also found a cheap earring. Nothing special about this one. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Earring083110.jpg

So even though the day was a disappointment in one respect in another it turned out to be one of my best. My very first “V” nickel. I am excited!

I hope your day turns out as good or better. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Awww Mumzie what a nice thing to do with the cross, even if it isnt a perfect match, it's a kind thought, and one that the lady would appreciate I'm sure, if only she returned for it. You were well rewarded for the find of a "V" nickel.


U.
 
Mumz -

Are you on the East side of FLA? if so you might be getting some stuff turned up from the recent storms
 
Piercesdad said:
Mumz -

Are you on the East side of FLA? if so you might be getting some stuff turned up from the recent storms

No, west side a little north of Tampa.
 
WTG Mumzie:

I really have to applaud you mumzie for going the extra effort to help out this homeless women get reunited with her lost cross.

Not many detectorists would even consider giving up that cross that you found, but to also acompany it with a nice .925 silver necklace, well, I think that your definitely in the top 1%.

Congratulations for making it into an angel category mumzie! Wish there were more people out there with your special graces!

Home that you are rewarded in spades! :angel5:

Cheers,

Ralph
 
Well, at least you tried to return the cross.

Can't believe you managed to find a V nickel here. Not that many folks living here in 1910.
 
You really have alot of class, that is really Awesome.
 
beachboy said:
You really have alot of class, that is really Awesome.

she always has congrats mums
 
You tried Mumszie, you really went out of your way and that shows that you are someone very special, as we all already know. Nice find on the "V" nickel, that is really awesome. HH :notworthy: :headbang:
 
Congrats on the V nickel mumszie .... thats a super find.... :icon_thumright:
 
WTG Mums, your way to kind. Congrats on scooping out that "V" nickle, very cool. Next ring's Gold!!!
 
Very nice story on the neckless, just was not ment to be at this time, but one lady did show, Miss Liberty..........congrads on the V..........ery nice.........joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom