May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this massive 4.5” Crown Trifari pin brooch for a buck at the flea market. After I listed it on eBay starting at $24.95 it got several bids within minutes. Then got a buy in now offer for $600 even with a few missing rhinestones! It was too late to stop the auction because of the bids but I can’t wait to see what happens. 22 watchers as of today. Looks like it is going to be a wild ride. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1542744497.871498.jpg

Man that is a good flip if you get even close to 600 bucks.

Congrats,

Did you know about these broaches before buying or was it like a whim purchase?

Last edited:
What did this one sell for? I’m dumbfounded by the prices on some of the trifari pieces - did an ebay search after you posted this and my jaw fell off

Nice interesting piece. :occasion14:

What did this one sell for? I’m dumbfounded by the prices on some of the trifari pieces - did an ebay search after you posted this and my jaw fell off

The auction is still going. Currently at $102.50 with 30 watchers and 2 days left.

You can cancel your auction for any reason changed your mind lost broke ect I would hold onto it and research.it some more

You can cancel your auction for any reason changed your mind lost broke ect I would hold onto it and research.it some more

THIS. If people are throwing $600 your way like that, maybe those things aren't rhinestones.

You never know. Could go for $1200. I’ll take my chances

Congratulations!!!:occasion14:

Huh! Generally I don't pay much attention to costume jewelry, but I'm well aware some can be very coveted by collectors. I never knew any of the Tafari were worth that kind if money. Guess I better pay more attention to some of those costume pieces I see.

When I start an auction I choose if I want a reserve or if I start it at a dollar and let it go. Once I start it I let it run its course no matter what offer comes my way. It is the proper thing to do. The person that offered 600, if they were serious will be there. Hopefully someone else will be interested and drive the bidding. Either way you are going to make money. Cant sweat the small things IMO

BTW, There is no harm in Ending it altogether stating a reason of No longer available or broken. Then choosing a different place to sell it altogether. Upsets some bidders but if you need to bail out that is your right.

Huh! Generally I don't pay much attention to costume jewelry, but I'm well aware some can be very coveted by collectors. I never knew any of the Tafari were worth that kind if money. Guess I better pay more attention to some of those costume pieces I see.
For the last few years, I've made more on costume than the high end stuff. One of the guys I buy from does house clean outs for real estaters or families that are cleaning out relatives houses & can't be bothered etc. He'll dump a coffee can or two worth on me for a couple bucks or a trade. Avon seems to be more valuable than you'd think. I've given away tons not knowing. Coro & Boucher are names to keep an eye out for at estate sales & in junk bags. Keep an eye out for the little plastic flowers from the Avon earrings!!! People keep asking me if I have any and are willing to pay good for them. Guess everyone thought they were pieces of toys & chucked em! NEVER! throw out pieces! You might be able to turn a $20 piece into a $150 piece with your pieces or ask a s tupid price for a piece.

Thanks everyone for your comments. The auction just closed and I got $510. A little less than the $600 offer but I’m glad I didn’t end the auction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back