Found this half of a CS buckle in a local park. boy was I shocked to see this there. I think it's a Leech and rigdon. Found it using a Whites DXF. Best machine ever!!! Does anyone know it's value?
A very cool and rare find. There are several different variations but dug 2 piece CS's book for about 2500+. There are a couple rarer versions that go for more though. The value on the tongue is a hard call and would depend on how badly someone wanted it. If someone had or knew someone who had a wreath to match they would probably be willing to pay more than someone who didn't.
Rando's right When I started digging guys were wearing real US buckle, some even on their digging belts and when I started reenacting some of the guys not only wore real buckles but had real period buttons on their uniforms. Especially New Yorks and Mass's.