CSA Gold Cache Found--10,000 years ago in La Brea

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
If you're one of those people who believes everything on TV is true, you'll love this. La Brea is about a giant sinkhole that opens up in LA, sending dozens of people to the same spot 10,000 years in the past. On tonight's episode, while searching for a measly $200K worth of heroin that a stoner buried in the woods to hide from a drug dealer they stumbled on a relatively new looking chest with a shiny lock on it. Inside it was full of gold stamped "CSA". Naturally, the two guys had no trouble carrying it back to the campsite because gold really isn't that heavy. Kind of a hokey show in general, with the worst digital special effects I have seen in a long time. But now I'm trying to figure out the math for that chest--about 160 years from the Civil War to now, but do you add or subtract it from the 10,000 years in the tar pits, and do you have to add the time from the Civil War to now twice since the modern folks just found it and are somehow able to bring it back? These time paradoxes be jammin' a brother up. And what happens if there are Confederate soldiers running around in prehistoric Los Angeles?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're one of those people who believes everything on TV is true, you'll love this. La Brea is about a giant sinkhole that opens up in LA, sending dozens of people to the same spot 10,000 years in the past. On tonight's episode, while searching for a measly $200K worth of heroin that a stoner buried in the woods to hide from a drug dealer they stumbled on a relatively new looking chest with a shiny lock on it. Inside it was full of gold stamped "CSA". Naturally, the two guys had no trouble carrying it back to the campsite because gold really isn't that heavy. Kind of a hokey show in general, with the worst digital special effects I have seen in a long time. But now I'm trying to figure out the math for that chest--about 160 years from the Civil War to now, but do you add or subtract it from the 10,000 years in the tar pits, and do you have to add the time from the Civil War to now twice since the modern folks just found it and are somehow able to bring it back? These time paradoxes be jammin' a brother up. And what happens if there are Confederate soldiers running around in prehistoric Los Angeles?
I,m confused!:tongue3:
:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I saw that. They have nowhere to go with a plot on that show. It is quite lame.

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
I,m confused!

It's a bizarre TV show that started with an interesting idea, but quickly degenerated into lameness, as @smokeythecat said. A sinkhole opened up in downtown LA and a bunch of people fell in--all the way back to 10,000 years ago. Why they found a new looking chest filled with CSA gold? Classic Hollywood BS. If they wanted to drop a chest of mid 19th century gold into the plot the logical thing to do would have been gold stolen from the San Francisco mint or from the California gold rush. So to me the obvious reason would be that they wanted a pop culture bogey man, and at some point in the future we'll find out some Confederate soldiers also fell into the sinkhole back in the day. And in some future episode the hapless, vegan Californians who apparently only have two guns will defeat the South one more time, 10,000 years before the Civil War and strike a righteous blow for equity. All this despite them not having a single latte to share. See, now you're not confused at all, are you?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bizarre TV show that started with an interesting idea, but quickly degenerated into lameness, as @smokeythecat said. A sinkhole opened up in downtown LA and a bunch of people fell in--all the way back to 10,000 years ago. Why they found a new looking chest filled with CSA gold? Classic Hollywood BS. If they wanted to drop a chest of mid 19th century gold into the plot the logical thing to do would have been gold stolen from the San Francisco mint or from the California gold rush. So to me the obvious reason would be that they wanted a pop culture bogey man, and at some point in the future we'll find out some Confederate soldiers also fell into the sinkhole back in the day. And in some future episode the hapless, vegan Californians who apparently only have two guns will defeat the South one more time, 10,000 years before the Civil War and strike a righteous blow for equity. All this despite them not having a single latte to share. See, now you're not confused at all, are you?
DOH!!!!:tongue3:
:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions