What's new

CTX 3030 vs F75 ltd2

dhearn

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sallisbury MD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok lets get it started. Im buying a new machine, and want to get some opinions on these 2 machines. I had a CTX 3030 that got stolen, and the F75 ltd. I liked them both but can't make my mind up on witch one to get. I have been hearing good things about the F75 with the update.
 
I've got an F75 LTD and a T2 SE. Here's my thoughts. I am in a very old area and I hunt a lot of spots that had settlement as far back as the early to mid 1600s. The finds can be extremely deep and I've got a hell of a lot of area to cover. I also hunt a lot of areas that aren't too trashy. So these machines are both deep and they can both be swung fast. So I cover a lot of ground and I get down deep enough to get the old stuff. These machines are great for me. The CTX is a little too slow for the sites that I hunt. So it's really quite dependent on the types of sites that you normally hunt
 
I normally hunt wide open areas also. I think Im going to go with the F75, i do love the speed. Its has the fastest recovery speed of any machine I have ever used.
 
I have the new F75SE and its deep, fast & quiet... :)
 
I bought the F-75 when it first came out and have found it to be a great coin shooter. In January I weighed the options and sent mine back to Fisher for the upgrade to the F75LTD2 software.

#1 it's a heck of a nice option that a manufacturer would offer to bring a 2007 model up to latest technology.

#2 Wow! I liked it before (well enough to put $309 into the upgrade) - I like it better now! Three new processes and three new tone options. The DST makes it much less twitchy but, from what I can tell, I still have the depth and it is THE machine for old nickels and small silver (as it was before).

I'm sure the CTX3030 is a great machine - but how much will smaller or lager coils cost and can you get a Sunray Probe to fit it? Is it a 10% or 15% better machine for 127% more cost?
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom