Scrounge Wanderer

Jan 1, 2022
Western Slope Colorado
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Anfibio Multi
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a coin 31 years older than the town I live in! Drove by as spot all winter with glittering glass everywhere when the sun hit it just right in late afternoon. On closer inspection (today was the day I parked and checked it out) saw it was period glass, square nails, old forged iron bits, china pieces, etc...all the stuff we love to see on a site. Site hunted is between the fence and the road up to the 45 mph sign in the picture. My second target was a banging 93 signal and looked what decided to pay me a visit. This is the only US large cent variety I've never dug and I thought I would never dig another large cent living in Colorado (used to live in Virginia). The rush never goes away. My best friend thinks its a stagecoach era drop, wonder if someone looted a wells fargo wagon or something. Thanks for looking. The brooch has cut smokey quartz (seven in all) maybe a clean-up to come.

Attachments

• curbside site.JPG
    curbside site.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 125
  • nonferrous.JPG
    nonferrous.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • fancy.JPG
    fancy.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • maybespinner.JPG
    maybespinner.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
  • on edge.JPG
    on edge.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 71
  • brooch.JPG
    brooch.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • broochclean.JPG
    broochclean.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Upvote 23

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a coin 31 years older than the town I live in! Drove by as spot all winter with glittering glass everywhere when the sun hit it just right in late afternoon. On closer inspection (today was the day I parked and checked it out) saw it was period glass, square nails, old forged iron bits, china pieces, etc...all the stuff we love to see on a site. Site hunted is between the fence and the road up to the 45 mph sign in the picture. My second target was a banging 93 signal and looked what decided to pay me a visit. This is the only US large cent variety I've never dug and I thought I would never dig another large cent living in Colorado. The rush never goes away. My best friend thinks its a stagecoach era drop, wonder if someone looted a wells fargo wagon or something. Thanks for looking. The brooch has cut smokey quartz (seven in all) maybe a clean-up to come.
Nice,cool finds!Good eye to notice the site,hope more finds come your way!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a coin 31 years older than the town I live in! Drove by as spot all winter with glittering glass everywhere when the sun hit it just right in late afternoon. On closer inspection (today was the day I parked and checked it out) saw it was period glass, square nails, old forged iron bits, china pieces, etc...all the stuff we love to see on a site. Site hunted is between the fence and the road up to the 45 mph sign in the picture. My second target was a banging 93 signal and looked what decided to pay me a visit. This is the only US large cent variety I've never dug and I thought I would never dig another large cent living in Colorado (used to live in Virginia). The rush never goes away. My best friend thinks its a stagecoach era drop, wonder if someone looted a wells fargo wagon or something. Thanks for looking. The brooch has cut smokey quartz (seven in all) maybe a clean-up to come.
Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!

OP
Scrounge Wanderer

Scrounge Wanderer

Jan 1, 2022
Western Slope Colorado
Detector(s) used
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's rather amazing you found a coin that old in Montrose.
thought it was a clad quarter at first, kinda flabbergasted by it, when I put it on the club finds table at the monthly meeting they are going to think I cheated lol

Last edited:
OP
Scrounge Wanderer

Scrounge Wanderer

Jan 1, 2022
Western Slope Colorado
Detector(s) used
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt and congrats on the LC.
What's on the other side of that fence?
I would be guessing the finds continues on.
Levelled, gravel parking lot unfortunately but this spot will be detected again (near my home)

OP
Scrounge Wanderer

Scrounge Wanderer

Jan 1, 2022
Western Slope Colorado
Detector(s) used
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! You found a Model T Ignition Contact too. Keep searching that area!
Different site but his is cool, wouldn't find this out east too much humidity

Attachments

• IMG_0407 (2).JPG
    IMG_0407 (2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett Carrot, Predator Phoenix Shovel, White's hand digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well done and big time gratz on the largie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Metal Detecting Stuff