What's new

Customer or Bank dimes?

Rakattack

Full Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
SJ, CA
I have been doing customer wrapped rolls recently and a total of $405 yielded 7 rosies. My question is, should I start doing bank boxes of dimes? All of my banks only have the clear plastic shrinkwrap boxes and apparently those don't have much silver in them. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Try different angles. It could work in your favor.

Golden silver
 
Try both.

I got a seated somebody dime from a clear roll, i get more rosy's from customer rolls [shorts n pennies too] and more mercs from bank rolls
 
Machine rolled dimes tend to produce keeps are a constant rate, while handrolls can yield solid silver rolls.
 
I've searched at least 50 thousand dollars worth of dimes in the last couple years, and my averages are the same with machine and hand rolled. Looks like you're doing great with hand-rolled, I have never had luck with clear-wrapped dimes.
I've looked through thousands of dollars worth of hand-rolled dimes, and have never found one with more than two silvers in it.
 
I've gone through more than $350,000.00 in dimes, boxes, bags, and hand rolled.

Handrolled- You will usually find keepers. It is possible to get a solid roll, I never have nor even came close. Due to the large amount of foreign coins found,and short rolls, one can get more silver buying it. Silver dimes are still cheap.

Bags- I have found that you usually average the same number of silvers as in boxes, perhaps a bit better. It's possible to get a dream bag, but you probably have a better chance of being struck by lightning.

Boxes- I've had my fair share of skunk boxes. Normally you don't get a lot of foreign coins,but I've had a box 20+
modern Canadians. I've never been short rolled on boxes. My best box gave up 11 keepers. I've picked up a couple of Barbers. Also picked up a 2009 dime box which I sold on Ebay for well over $1,000.00.

If I were to CRH for dimes anytime in the future I would go with the boxes.
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom