What's new

Cut coin help

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today at an 1800s farmstead site.
It would be about the size of a half dollar if whole.
TIA---Merf
 

Attachments

  • Cut coin 3-09 001.webp
    Cut coin 3-09 001.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 280
  • Cut coin 3-09 002.webp
    Cut coin 3-09 002.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 275
Here is one that I dug last summer.

VPR

 

Attachments

  • index.webp
    index.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 259
  • sou.webp
    sou.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 261
  • sou.webp
    sou.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 264
  • index.webp
    index.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0
Thanks JG and VPR :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
how did they cut these coins so clean






I have wondered that too. Maybe a sharp hatchet struck with a hammer.

[A hard way to make change} ::)
 
Upvote 0
Here's another
 

Attachments

  • IM000852.webp
    IM000852.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IM000851.webp
    IM000851.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IM000851.webp
    IM000851.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IM000852.webp
    IM000852.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0
That one is in fine shape Charlie.
I would love to find a whole one.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom