What's new

CW bullet question relating to Williams "cleaner" bullets.

Diggit

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
831
Reaction score
132
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand the concept of the bullet, but I have heard that they were often discarded by soldiers and not fired.

Why was this?
 
Never heard about that, then again, maybe some had some visible flaws and perhaps cause harm to the shooter if fired. I know they did drop a ton if they were in battle, attacking, or retreating.

That's all I can come up with :dontknow:
 
I actually came up with the answer somewhere else.

Apparently, they were not as accurate as mine balls due to the lack of the minie ball type expanding base, so experienced soldiers just tossed them aside.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom