What's new

CW history

relic nut

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
7,277
Golden Thread
1
Location
VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Done pretty good today. Found 8 bullets, 1 carved bullet, parts to a pocket watch, tip from a bayonet scabbard (my first) some camp lead and an old hunting knife. I don't think knife is period but still a cool find. Also found a what is it and will post there later. Thanks for looking. RN
 

Attachments

  • 1437854873472.webp
    1437854873472.webp
    78.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 1437854886873.webp
    1437854886873.webp
    86.5 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 18
Good hunt...I like that scabbard tip!
 
I found a very similar scabbard tip in MA a few years back on vacation. I take it that's it's a Union tip? Any ID on it? That should help me ID mine. I'll have to dig it out and post it here.
 
Great CW finds
 
I found a very similar scabbard tip in MA a few years back on vacation. I take it that's it's a Union tip? Any ID on it? That should help me ID mine. I'll have to dig it out and post it here.

Came from a Union camp so I say it's Union.
 
Plug for a gun muzzle, to keep dirt and water out, far left in the first picture
 
Plug for a gun muzzle, to keep dirt and water out, far left in the first picture

That's awesome, I posted it in what is it. Thanks for Id
 
HEY NUT NICE FINDS THAT YOU HAVE DUG UP. GOT YOURSELF NEAT LITTLE COLLECTION OF CIVIL WAR RELICS.
 
That hunting knife is cool
 
Looks like you had a great day RN. Congrats on all the CW relics. :thumbsup:
 
A very nice summer relic hunt RN. I have found that scabbard tips are not that easy to find. WTG, Q.
 
The item on far right which you are saying is the tip of a bayonet scabbard. I found one just like yours, but I until now did not know what it was.Found long ago in Virginia. Thanks for that info.
 
The item on far right which you are saying is the tip of a bayonet scabbard. I found one just like yours, but I until now did not know what it was.Found long ago in Virginia. Thanks for that info.

My buddy found one last year at same camp. That's how I new what it was. Two at the same place, go figure.
 
A very nice summer relic hunt RN. I have found that scabbard tips are not that easy to find. WTG, Q.

Agreed. Scarce in my neck of the woods. Nice hunt!
 
Great hunt, & I like the scabbard tip.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom