What's new

CW lead plate from plantation house / Union camp

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this lead piece as part of my today's finds, but still am puzzled what it could be. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
I dug it at a plantation house I've been detecting at for years where Union troops camped.
It is a flat lead piece approx 2" x 3" with initials "M A G" & a design scratched into it. The patina is old like the CW bullets I dig in the area. I thought it was part of a CW buckle but there are no hook marks anywhere. :icon_scratch:
Any idea on this design? :dontknow:
Why a clipped corner?

HELP! :tongue3: ???
Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-137S.webp
    MVC-137S.webp
    30 KB · Views: 234
  • MVC-139S.webp
    MVC-139S.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Lead.webp
    Lead.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 236
  • MVC-134S.webp
    MVC-134S.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 234
  • MVC-137S.webp
    MVC-137S.webp
    30 KB · Views: 229
  • MVC-139S.webp
    MVC-139S.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Lead.webp
    Lead.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 230
Might be a WAG from me :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Might be a WAG from me :laughing9:

What are you doing up so late? ;D
My boss is here from the UK this week. Bloody h-ll Mate!!! :tongue3: :laughing9:
-MM-
 
Upvote 0
Interesting item. I am not seeing the design?? I see the initials though :help:
 
Upvote 0
TnMountains said:
Interesting item. I am not seeing the design?? I see the initials though :help:

TnM,
I know it's tough to see in the pictures. I didn't notice it at first eight until I looked at it under a light. Then I could see it clear as day. It was purposely scratched into it like the letters. :dontknow:
-MM-
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom