tnt-hunter
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2018
- Messages
- 2,055
- Reaction score
- 12,088
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mountain Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to another small park with a tot lot, 2 volleyball courts, a pickleball court and a pavilion. The area used to be the girls softball field years ago when I was coaching my daughter’s team. I covered most of it long ago with some decent success, but it has been reworked and used since then so I went back to see what has been lost and what may have turned up in the reworking of the grounds.
I had a commitment in the afternoon so I only got to I spent 2.5 hours swingin the CZ21. I found 35 coins with a face value of $2.39, a silver ring, a little can slaw, a few pieces of foil, 3 aluminum bottle caps, 18 tabs and the ever present pencil end.
Most of the ground was pretty quiet, so I did a good job years ago. Most of the coins came from the edge of the pickleball court that used to be a basketball court. It had a chain link fence along the side that has been removed. The ring was along that side of the court. It is slightly mashed and the red plastic inlay has been cracked out of most of the design with just the center part still in place. It was a nice surprise when it popped out of the plug. It has a makers mark, but I can’t make it out.
DAY 2
I finally had a chance to get back to the newer scout camp. I have gridded most of the camp, but it is very large so there are still spots I haven’t covered. I have been detecting here for 13 years and the camp is in constant use so there are new losses in spots I did years ago so the goodies can be anywhere.
I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ2 and found 132 coins with a face value of $8.23, 5 camp tent pegs, a long circus tent type peg, a lense, a flashlight (dead), an earring, a token, a bolo tie end, zipper parts, a cheapie aluminum carabiner, bullets, sinkers, some foil and 11 tabs.
The earring was on top of the ground in the parking area. It has been run over repeatedly and is in bad shape. By looking very carefully I was able to spot the 925 mark to verify that it is silver. There is also a makers mark, but I can’t make it out. I know that they are putting tiny diamonds in silver so I routinely test tiny stones in silver. Some of the stones are missing, but the remaining ones are diamonds. My first diamonds of this detecting year that began May 1. This is also silver number 36 for this year.
When the lense came out of the ground I thought it was part of a flashlight. After cleaning it up a little I could see it was a camera lense, a VIVITAR 52mm. Oops I can’t take the picture because my lense fell off, not a happy camper.
DAY 3
I went back for a look at one of the park swimming areas I detect during the summer. I heard from the manager that they had a good crowd over the holiday weekend and that no one else had been there detecting so I figured I see if anything good was lost. It was cloudy and cold, but I put on my heavy dive skin and wetsuit and headed for the water.
I spent 5 hours swingin the ATPro low and slow and covered one of the 3 swimming areas. I found 5 coins with a face value of $0.41, some jewelry, a cord end, a sequin, a fishing swivel, a small brass product tag, a fish hook, sinkers, tabs and too many pieces of little foil.
Only 2 tiny silvers in the way of good stuff, a tiny necklace clasp and an earring back. They look like they have been there a while. Tiny things like this are hard to find when they are deep, but with people walking around in the water the sand gets stirred up and things end up closer to the surface and easier to find. Nobody ever gets it all.
A fun find was this cool looking bat charm or pendant. Too bad it’s not silver, it did look good coming out of the water. I had enough fun that I will come back and cover the other 2 swimming areas before it gets too cold.
DAY 4
I went back to the park where I found the snake ring last week. I hit a lot of the hot spots last time so I wasn’t expecting a lot of coins, but as always I was hoping for a goodie or at least something interesting.
I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 45 coins with a face value of $3.18, a very interesting wire connector, a Nike key chain, a padlock key, a small piece of a toy car, a beta up compact, can slaw, whole aluminum cans, aluminum tie wire and 13 tabs.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found 3 crusty pennies in the coinstar and that’s all for this week.
Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
I went to another small park with a tot lot, 2 volleyball courts, a pickleball court and a pavilion. The area used to be the girls softball field years ago when I was coaching my daughter’s team. I covered most of it long ago with some decent success, but it has been reworked and used since then so I went back to see what has been lost and what may have turned up in the reworking of the grounds.
I had a commitment in the afternoon so I only got to I spent 2.5 hours swingin the CZ21. I found 35 coins with a face value of $2.39, a silver ring, a little can slaw, a few pieces of foil, 3 aluminum bottle caps, 18 tabs and the ever present pencil end.
Most of the ground was pretty quiet, so I did a good job years ago. Most of the coins came from the edge of the pickleball court that used to be a basketball court. It had a chain link fence along the side that has been removed. The ring was along that side of the court. It is slightly mashed and the red plastic inlay has been cracked out of most of the design with just the center part still in place. It was a nice surprise when it popped out of the plug. It has a makers mark, but I can’t make it out.
DAY 2
I finally had a chance to get back to the newer scout camp. I have gridded most of the camp, but it is very large so there are still spots I haven’t covered. I have been detecting here for 13 years and the camp is in constant use so there are new losses in spots I did years ago so the goodies can be anywhere.
I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ2 and found 132 coins with a face value of $8.23, 5 camp tent pegs, a long circus tent type peg, a lense, a flashlight (dead), an earring, a token, a bolo tie end, zipper parts, a cheapie aluminum carabiner, bullets, sinkers, some foil and 11 tabs.
The earring was on top of the ground in the parking area. It has been run over repeatedly and is in bad shape. By looking very carefully I was able to spot the 925 mark to verify that it is silver. There is also a makers mark, but I can’t make it out. I know that they are putting tiny diamonds in silver so I routinely test tiny stones in silver. Some of the stones are missing, but the remaining ones are diamonds. My first diamonds of this detecting year that began May 1. This is also silver number 36 for this year.
When the lense came out of the ground I thought it was part of a flashlight. After cleaning it up a little I could see it was a camera lense, a VIVITAR 52mm. Oops I can’t take the picture because my lense fell off, not a happy camper.
DAY 3
I went back for a look at one of the park swimming areas I detect during the summer. I heard from the manager that they had a good crowd over the holiday weekend and that no one else had been there detecting so I figured I see if anything good was lost. It was cloudy and cold, but I put on my heavy dive skin and wetsuit and headed for the water.
I spent 5 hours swingin the ATPro low and slow and covered one of the 3 swimming areas. I found 5 coins with a face value of $0.41, some jewelry, a cord end, a sequin, a fishing swivel, a small brass product tag, a fish hook, sinkers, tabs and too many pieces of little foil.
Only 2 tiny silvers in the way of good stuff, a tiny necklace clasp and an earring back. They look like they have been there a while. Tiny things like this are hard to find when they are deep, but with people walking around in the water the sand gets stirred up and things end up closer to the surface and easier to find. Nobody ever gets it all.
A fun find was this cool looking bat charm or pendant. Too bad it’s not silver, it did look good coming out of the water. I had enough fun that I will come back and cover the other 2 swimming areas before it gets too cold.
DAY 4
I went back to the park where I found the snake ring last week. I hit a lot of the hot spots last time so I wasn’t expecting a lot of coins, but as always I was hoping for a goodie or at least something interesting.
I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 45 coins with a face value of $3.18, a very interesting wire connector, a Nike key chain, a padlock key, a small piece of a toy car, a beta up compact, can slaw, whole aluminum cans, aluminum tie wire and 13 tabs.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found 3 crusty pennies in the coinstar and that’s all for this week.
Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Attachments
Upvote
2







