CW Navy Button, 1859 Indian Head (No Shield), Big Eagle "I", Early Eagle "D" etc

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CW Navy Button, 1859 Indian Head (No Shield), Big Eagle "I", Early Eagle "D" etc

What's up TNet. Here's my latest finds. Found this really Nice Navy Coat button yesterday at one of my old sites;

didn't think it was going to clean up well BUT it SURPRISED the heck out of me! :headbang:...Then I

dug the beautiful Eagle "I" today at a place that I gained permission. Little small yard but had some good signals in

it! The button is the type that you saw worn on alot of Confederate uniforms SUPER BIG, could've gone to an

overcoat as well and is in exceptional shape. Then came a pretty decent Early Eagle Dragoons "D" Cuff

Button! It's abit worn but a nice save anyway! Was pretty happy about this one as well! Also dug alot of Colt

bullets, a CS High Base Minie, .69Caliber, 2 Eage cuff buttons, kepi buckle, what looks like it might be a Brass Cavalry bit chain, gun part and some Injuns

including the much desired 1859 Indian Head. :icon_thumleft: :wink: Hope you guys like....here's the pics:

Civil War Navy Button *Scovills Backmark made 1850-1865
P1011079.JPG
P1011080.JPG

Big Eagle "I"
P1011081.JPG

Eagle "D" Dragoons Button *Worn but still visible
P1011101.JPG

1893 Injun
P1011089.JPG

1887 Injun
P1011091.JPG

1859 Injun *No Shield on Wreath
P1011094.JPG
P1011095.JPG

Group Shot
P1011086.JPG

Here's Jeff's take as well (Fresh batteries and Fresh photo added)
Including: 1859 Injun and others, Eagle buttons, Eagle "I", and a Navy Cuff
MD Pics 266.jpg

Upvote 1

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: CW Navy Button, 1859 Indian Head (No Shield), Big Eagle "I", Early Eagle "D" etc

Wow Jeff, nice buttons and coins too. I think I found one 1859 IH in a US camp a few years ago but it was so corroded from fertilizer that I could never tell for sure. Nice saves, Quindy.

wettpaint

Apr 9, 2009
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Re: CW Navy Button, 1859 Indian Head (No Shield), Big Eagle "I", Early Eagle "D" etc

The quantitiy and quality of of the stuff ya'll are getting is amazing. I have been able to find the lead but have yet to find the coins.

Keep up the great work.

Wettpaint

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wettpaint said:
The quantitiy and quality of of the stuff ya'll are getting is amazing. I have been able to find the lead but have yet to find the coins.

Keep up the great work.

Wettpaint

Thanks buddy, you should kick your feet up because I'd trade every button I've dug so far this year for that CS plate...so you have no worries mate! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You dig some really excellent relics and such.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sniffy said:
You dig some really excellent relics and such.

Thanks Sniffy, as do you bud.. :wink: :wink: :wink:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deepdiger60 said:
Really great finds :icon_thumleft: that IH is awesome and the buttons Good hunting Dd60

Thanks DD....On a hot streak :D ;D :icon_thumleft: :wink:

MaineRelic said:
Sentinel : You are a walking talking civil war relic magnet right now ! Another fantastic post ! Keep up the great finds ! MaineRelic

ITs the Law of Attraction ;D :wink: ;D

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
You don't see too many 1859 injuns posted. Love the buttons.
Chris
I know, Jeff and I both dug one on the same day...He was alittle bummed out at first because he hadn't ever dug one and of course he wanted one as well....well not 1 minute after we were talking about it he shouted "Mine's an 1859 TOO"....so that was pretty coincidental :D :D Thanks also about the buttons, I tell you, I really enjoy you, Kyle, and Kirk posting......I hope that Kyle joins us again soon, he's a good dude :wink:

mastereagle22 said:
Great finds!!!!!

Thanks Mastereagle, that was a Nice Eagle button that you also found yesterday bud! :icon_thumleft:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome buttons!!Man,you guys are pulling the cream of the crop in the button dept. lately!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Great assortment of finds there :icon_thumright:

Thanks Brian :icon_thumleft: :wink:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: CW Navy Button, 1859 Indian Head (No Shield), Big Eagle "I", Early Eagle "D"

nice assortment there, Sentinel! I like the '59 Indians as well. I've dug a couple with no date, but could tell what they were from the reverse design, which is something of a rarity in US coins.
buttons aint to shabby either. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: CW Navy Button, 1859 Indian Head (No Shield), Big Eagle "I", Early Eagle "D"

dwayne sueno said:
nice assortment there, Sentinel! I like the '59 Indians as well. I've dug a couple with no date, but could tell what they were from the reverse design, which is something of a rarity in US coins.
buttons aint to shabby either. :thumbsup:

Thanks alot Dwayne....I agree abou the '59 Indian Heads....they're a real treat to dig... :wink: Yes, that Navy button looked like I wasn't going to be able to clean it up I MEAN it was BLACK.....so I did my magic and it came out looking pretty good...It was an eye popper from the way it looked before....I usually take pics of them before cleaning but forgot to....oh well.......

HH,

Sentinel

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Boy....you guys are LUCKY!!!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread