dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone else had an issue with the wiring breaking going from one cup to the other? The problem seems that they use cheap speaker wire and all the movement over time causes the wire inside the casing to break. I've had to splice mine before, but now it's getting to the point that I'm going to have to send them back for a new set.

Anyone else have this happen and can the phones be replaced without sending the whole thing in?
Thanks,
DC

Upvote 0

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi,I dont know how technical you want to get but cabelas sporting goods does sell md headphones for detectors anywhere from $30 to $100 some one size(connection) fits all detectors. I bought the $30 ones, they are decent if your on a budget and also I did rip the wires out of the ace350 ones that came with the detector. The wiring in the ones from cabelas actually seems a little stronger no problems yet and they have adjustable sound. HH

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had any trouble but I don't like the flimsy speaker wire...Im always thinking it may break.

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can splice-you should be able to replace the wire. (with better wire yet) The stumbling block for me is getting the cup off without breaking it. There must be different types. OBN sent me a pic with the cup off and how he did it. My (CZ20) was different.

But it looks pretty simple (inside) if you can get in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread