What's new

D Ring Pocket Spill?

turtlefoot13

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
733
Reaction score
105
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okay, I guess it probably really isn't a pocket spill but I found four d-rings in one hole today! Does anyone have any explatation as to why there would be four d-rings in one hole? Virtually all other items found in the general area have been logging related from the 1870's-1880's. I have also found two tobacco tins in the same area. These d-rings were about 4 inches deep and within a foot of a wet weather creek. I completely scoured all around the spot that these were found and found nothing else.

If anyone has any guesses as to what they might have been off or why there were four in one hole I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,
Doug

drings.jpg
 
WoW .. D-rings had and still have such a wide range of applications, it would be real hard to determine their exact usage.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
WoW .. D-rings had and still have such a wide range of applications, it would be real hard to determine their exact usage.

I figured my question would be similar to posting a nail and asking what type of building it was used in. I guess I am more curious as to why there were four in one hole. I posted this elsewhere and someone guessed that it may have been off of a harness of some sort and the leather rotted away just leaving the d-rings.

Doug
 
Upvote 0
turtlefoot13 said:
creskol said:
WoW .. D-rings had and still have such a wide range of applications, it would be real hard to determine their exact usage.

I figured my question would be similar to posting a nail and asking what type of building it was used in. I guess I am more curious as to why there were four in one hole. I posted this elsewhere and someone guessed that it may have been off of a harness of some sort and the leather rotted away just leaving the d-rings.

Doug

Mostly likey use (but many others) is as you say horse tack related.
 
Upvote 0
TF, They could be from a horse halter or a nap sack. Keep looking good luck. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
They look to delicate to be horse tack related to me, but ... I don't know that for sure .. The only thing I know for sure right now is that I need some :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom