All Treasure Hunting

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello! I am from Dallas also! Been doing a lot of research and hooked up with the Allatoona Gold Panners Club a couple weeks ago for a meet n greet they were having(Great bunch of people and a ton of info!)If you ever want to hook up and try to figure out the panning that would be cool! I am not shy of cold weather and think I might have a perspective creek close to the house.....It has everything they say it should have,grapefruit to football size quartz,mica and black sand.I dug a couple test buckets and didn't get anything out of them but then while I was doing some research today I realized I was digging in the wrong spots!DOH!LOL Either that or we could go up and try the creeks around Allatoona?

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
I'm up for whatever on weekends. Me and son love going out and in trying to get my hubby into it, but he says this is my hobby. I wonder if he will say that when I find a huge nugget. Lol!!

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife,son and I went out one time so far to a creek near the house and she said she thought she didn't have the patience for it but she enjoyed digging around in the rocks and actually found a arrowhead which she showed to our grandson who is 11 and he promptly threw it in the water after looking at it never to be found!!!LOL!Kids don't understand! Anyways I traded a RC airplane for a Garrett Ace 250 because my wife really wants to get into that end of hunting. I just went out to the creek again this morning and dug me a bucket of dirt and will see whats in it tonight! I would really like to go up to the creeks on Allatoona but I am trying to find out where to gain access so I am not tresspassing.There are a couple mines up there too that people talk about going to also but once again I wonder about where to access.I am just starting out and I really don't want to start with heavy fines and loss of equipment!LOL

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
I'm in Douglasville and joined the GPAA in November. They have a claim in Bremen and there is a club there, the SGMA which I am a member. May wanna join us and see how you like it. I just got a Blue Bowl as my next step and really enjoy it. We have our first meeting in March.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the DNR site and also Corps of Ing for Altoona and see what they say about panning and using the MD while you are on their property. They have some new rules this yr. Some are stupid but it is good to know before you get a ticket. I dont want to rain on your parade but they do post that you are responsible to know the rules. I got the number from their site. I am near the lake myself if you need a third person. I am between Dallas and Altoona.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread