What's new

Damaged dimes at the coinstar tonight

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
10,479
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I checked my local coinstar tonight and noticed coins stuck where they were poured out....so I used my bank card to pull each coin out...one by one...all damaged...sadly no silver...just an odd thing to find that many dimes in that condition.

Thanks for viewing!
 

Attachments

  • 20260112_190252.webp
    20260112_190252.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
It is sad that people will try to feed coins like that into a machine. However that is not as bad as the bullet I found.
I happened to read what the coinstar won't accept...it was kind of interesting...human teeth was mentioned...not sure if I saw bullets but there was a long list of things that they would not open the machine for someone to retrieve....
 
Well I checked my local coinstar tonight and noticed coins stuck where they were poured out....so I used my bank card to pull each coin out...one by one...all damaged...sadly no silver...just an odd thing to find that many dimes in that condition.

Thanks for viewing!
Roadkills, someone's detecting coins.
They're certainly beat up, but it's free money.
 
Well I checked my local coinstar tonight and noticed coins stuck where they were poured out....so I used my bank card to pull each coin out...one by one...all damaged...sadly no silver...just an odd thing to find that many dimes in that condition.

Thanks for viewing!
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: DAMAGED COINS OR NOT - NICE RECOVERIES :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!​
 
They look fire damaged. Maybe they all came from the same place. I remember after a car had burnt in a parking lot finding tons of fire damaged coins in the spot after they carted the carcass away.
 
They look fire damaged. Maybe they all came from the same place. I remember after a car had burnt in a parking lot finding tons of fire damaged coins in the spot after they carted the carcass away.
Interesting...
 
You see all varieties of post-mint damage, accidental or otherwise. I found a quarter with the edge stripped off, exposing the copper center. And I think some people stick Zincolns together on purpose, sensing that someone will try to separate them.
 
You see all varieties of post-mint damage, accidental or otherwise. I found a quarter with the edge stripped off, exposing the copper center. And I think some people stick Zincolns together on purpose, sensing that someone will try to separate them.
Zincolns...for Wheatbacks how about Wheacolns?..Wheacoln..zincoln...some of the stuck pennies I've recovered have been pretty gross...
 
Well I checked my local coinstar tonight and noticed coins stuck where they were poured out....so I used my bank card to pull each coin out...one by one...all damaged...sadly no silver...just an odd thing to find that many dimes in that condition.

Thanks for viewing!
Probably a detectorist hoping for the best! :laughing7:
 
You see all varieties of post-mint damage, accidental or otherwise. I found a quarter with the edge stripped off, exposing the copper center. And I think some people stick Zincolns together on purpose, sensing that someone will try to separate them.
Some people have a lot of time on their hands. :)
 
I've had some success doing that...and then had normal looking coins get rejected...weird...
Yeah, me too. I get lots of environmentally damaged coins. I tumble them clean and run them through a Coinstar. Lots of them get rejected. Some for no apparent reason at all. I run the rejects through several times. A few more usually make it through each time. The total junk ones get donated to a charity. The ones that keep getting rejected, but, still look decent get spent.
 
Well this is an interesting discussion.................:nono: not.............
 
Well this is an interesting discussion.................:nono: not.............
Today I used a coupon and saved $4 on a purchase...I've got more stories just like that one...I'm thinking about writing my autobiography....it'll be gold I tell ya, GOLD!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom