Damn I cant beleave I made a rookie mistake.....

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• homer.JPG
    homer.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 509
  • homer.JPG
    homer.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: Damn I can't beleave I made a rookie mistake.....

Yup........D'oh!

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well it happends. it is part of the hobby

Save the 2008D and in 100 years maybe will be worth something.

LOL

DW

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250

:wav:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

My superiors would probably suggest I look for more than keepers if I ever tried searching for anything but new business at work.
Lucky you!

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky

You had better check every single one. There might be a seated liberty dime lurking in there somewhere. :D

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250

Yeah should be worth at least $250!

I hate those freshly minted coins. Last time I got one I tried asking for a different box and the teller threw a fit, I said ok I'll just take it. Apparently that wasn't good enough because she then called the vault and threw a fit about that guy that buys all of the halves "is being difficult" In short order a manager showed up, I explained that I look through the coins for collectable ones, and that the box I was holding was all freshly minted, but I didn't want to cause any trouble and would gladly take what I had. Surprisingly the manager sided with me and asked to teller to get me a different box, and said if I had any other problems to let her know! Its good to know that politeness and reason can prevail.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TXTim said:
My superiors would probably suggest I look for more than keepers if I ever tried searching for anything but new business at work.
Lucky you!

Not lucky, my day job cut my hours in half so to just break even I had to get this night job in which I'm over educated & over experienced, but this $10/hr security gig was the only stable job that was hiring in this down economy. All this job requires is a conscious warm body in the chair, how I pass the time is up to me. :thumbsup:

steelsoldier

Feb 14, 2009
Raleigh NC

You have a good point there... we are all taking MULAs next week... Mandatory Unpaid Leave of Absence... I was chatting the security guy and they are still working even if there is no one... That may be the only safe job around... The ones we have generally surf the net.... Hey, I am not complaining though I needed a break and good chance for a road trip, hit couple of nearby towns.... Better luck with the dimes next time...It happens, being a rookie I already made that mistake couple of weeks ago box of 2008 pennies... I kept a roll and released the rest...

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon

Times are definitely tough out there!!!
Wheres my BAILOUT??????

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

steelsoldier said:
You have a good point there... we are all taking MULAs next week... Mandatory Unpaid Leave of Absence... I was chatting the security guy and they are still working even if there is no one... That may be the only safe job around... The ones we have generally surf the net.... Hey, I am not complaining though I needed a break and good chance for a road trip, hit couple of nearby towns.... Better luck with the dimes next time...It happens, being a rookie I already made that mistake couple of weeks ago box of 2008 pennies... I kept a roll and released the rest...

I took my $25 box of 2008 pennies to the local coin shop and traded it for
$30 in coin supplies. siegfried schlagrule

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250

I did the same to my 2008 pennies Id love to get some 2009 though they are stealing the show on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread