What's new

Damn near heart attack...

Auriemma

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2014
Messages
526
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I decided to go out to my old park hunting ground with my old school Sovereign XS metal detector.

After 3 hours... I managed to dig up the usual trash, $1.82 (5Q, 3D, 2N, 17P), a key, the remnants of a Oakwoods key fob, and a ring that damn near gave me a heart attack. Sadly it's costume.

9db5024402a7a88ee926a97bebea5aa2.webp
7948b961c1991c605b37f07a069b5d09.webp
f70572387c3c5f7e0cabbb1ace69d0ae.webp
 
Upvote 40
That happens to most of us. Hope a real one ends up in a hole one day. Congrats on getting out
 
But that thrill was amazing, wasn't it? Congrats
 
Nice bunch of goodies! Congrats!

I've dug a few of those heart attacks myself! Disappointing yes, but those first few seconds are awesome!
The real deal will turn up when you lest expect it.
 
yupp got a few of those
 
Some costume jewelry is valuable too. An old friend of mine used to sell costume jewelry. That ring is nice looking anyway.
 
Sweet ring My last heart breaker was Marked 14k HH Chug
 
Still a nice ring find! :occasion14:
 
vintage brass & glass costume_________that will buy a bunch of fresh batteries--quite collectible :--)
 
That is too funny; I know the look all to well and still react the same way. Then when I those times when I just dig it and figure it for nothing and find out later when I clean up that it is very good.
 
At least you stayed conscious, if I dug that I would have passed out before checking if it was real or not :laughing7:
Good diggings! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
But you just never know. Better luck next time. Good finds though...
 
That adrenaline rush is what makes us addicted to this hobby congrats on your finds
 
I feel your pain. I dug up three like that this past week. Congrats anyway. could have been good one.
 
Its the excitement of it all. Glad you didnt have a heart attack though.
 
Still could be a costume jewelry treasure :) Any markings inside ? Its a great story :).
 
That shiny rock definitely would have had my heart racing! Remember the moment, and get prepared for the real one!
 
Those heartstoppers sure make you take a few deep breaths don't they
 
Honking costume!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom