goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i didn't send in my PC yet, so i can wright this post. I went to a church and found a huge metal thingy, a toy airplane, and my first Eisenhower dollar....there was another MD'er(he's here....forgot his forum name though)..i asked what he has been finding and he tells me of finding huge quantities of silver and old coins including a large cent...i MD for 1/2 an hour and find only clad...he finds a silver ring and some other stuff( this was not the first time i was there).....Then i realize the reason i have no good finds: my Md can't find them! Now i realize that every single find i have ever found was no deeper than 4 or 5 inches (including a colonial). (pics later)

I wish to fix the problem..here are my options-

Get a deep seeking coil compatible with my garret 750
or get a new MD all together

Any ideas on the coil is appreciated, but i don't think my MD was built for deep-seeking. So i want to know what MD will be best for me...i would like one that can find coins really deep, like 6-8 inches and so-forth...good discrimination would be great, but not as important as deep seeking....I'm used to a computer display

Any ideas would be great( excuse me if i don't get back to this soon)

HH
-GC

Upvote 0

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Ive been finding indians and silver at 7-8 inches with my whites dfx and still learning to operate it. I still have the original coil it came with but can upgrade to an even deeper finding coil which I plan to do.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Depth..... Minelab Explorer hands down..... buy it, learn it.... you will thank me later!

This machine just screams at you when there is silver in the ground!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drink less cough syrup before you go out detecting.......

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd give the DD coil for your Garrett a try. I've got one on my GTAx 400 and I'm happy with it.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
If you can afford it GC, and you plan to spend the majority of your summenr treasure hunting while you're out of school, maybe it would be a great idea to invest in a detector that you will have confidence in and know you can find deeper goodies. Good luck to you now with the one you have and with your decision.

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread