CRUSADER
Emerald Member
Could I wait for my 2 days off, could I bowlegs. I left work early today to start my holiday 
Dad had tipped me off where the Saxon Sword Pommel had come from & where I should start detecting. 1st rule always ignore your Dad's advice, they know nothing
I started where my gut told me too!
First run I got a roman coin & on that same run I got the best roman brooch I have ever had;
2nd Century import from Gaul (France). Sea Monster called a Hippocampus. The head of a horse & the tail of a fish. The pin still moves. Its a very rare brooch in amazing condition. I can't explain how happy I am with it.
I had 7 roman coins all with some detail in 2.5 hours by myself!
Is it going to be a good day tomorrow?, more importantly will I sleep!!
Dad had tipped me off where the Saxon Sword Pommel had come from & where I should start detecting. 1st rule always ignore your Dad's advice, they know nothing
First run I got a roman coin & on that same run I got the best roman brooch I have ever had;
2nd Century import from Gaul (France). Sea Monster called a Hippocampus. The head of a horse & the tail of a fish. The pin still moves. Its a very rare brooch in amazing condition. I can't explain how happy I am with it.
I had 7 roman coins all with some detail in 2.5 hours by myself!
Is it going to be a good day tomorrow?, more importantly will I sleep!!



, wish I was there with you! And Cru, you are right about cash, I don't really know anyone who, after selling something, was really happer later. Even the guys who have sold everything they have ever found talk about the old days and wish they had kept stuff... Some finds are once in a lifetime, such as the brooch (I think).
An extremely awesome find Cru. Major congrats!








