CRUSADER
Emerald Member
DAY 12 - ROMAN & MEDIEVAL
The farmer has done the final flattening of the soil before he seeds tomorrow. Perfect conditions. Although it was freezing cold with wind & rain. Doesn't stop the A team. I detected to day after a couple of days rest.
I seemed to get the Roman & my Dad the Medieval.
5 scrappies to me, 1 to Dad.
Roman Female deity Pin head. First for us. Had Roman Pins but none as decorative as this.
Dad had 2 Medieval Horse Pendants
& the Qrter Hammered Silver
He also had a rare lead token called a shycock token. Has a picture of a cockerel tied to a stake with stones being thrown at it. These lead tokens were thrown by boys at a bird shaped target for a game. In medieval times they used a real bird & stoned it to death.
Great day & only maybe a day to go??
The farmer has done the final flattening of the soil before he seeds tomorrow. Perfect conditions. Although it was freezing cold with wind & rain. Doesn't stop the A team. I detected to day after a couple of days rest.
I seemed to get the Roman & my Dad the Medieval.
5 scrappies to me, 1 to Dad.
Roman Female deity Pin head. First for us. Had Roman Pins but none as decorative as this.
Dad had 2 Medieval Horse Pendants
& the Qrter Hammered SilverHe also had a rare lead token called a shycock token. Has a picture of a cockerel tied to a stake with stones being thrown at it. These lead tokens were thrown by boys at a bird shaped target for a game. In medieval times they used a real bird & stoned it to death.
Great day & only maybe a day to go??
Attachments
Upvote
0
I have noticed quite a few coins with a segment cut out of it, or like your, the actual segment. I wonder if it is a case of "I dont have a 1/2 dollar so let me cut this dollar in half" so to speak.....







