What's new

Day 3 - Not alot

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day 3 was only 1.5 hours before dark (family commitments).

This overgrown field is hardly worth the effort but as we did so well on day 1 we need to give it a fair go.

In line with my post everything policy;

17-18th century Jetton.
1620s Royal farthing of Charles I
Blank copper
1938 Halfpenny
Broken piece of Iron Age/Roman mount
& bits......

Worst day in awhile but all part of the detecting experience :)
 

Attachments

  • bits.webp
    bits.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 596
Upvote 0
Worse day? I agree. :P ;) :D ;D

You are due for some Roman gold.

Bone Dry Detecting...Kirk
 
davesx said:
The jettons not bad.
I've had worse.
You've been spoilt. ;)

Dave.

Your right we have been spoilt, we should be greatful for what we get (which I partly am). But expectations are high & Dad gets bored easily :D

On Saturday we are helping a local history buff locate the firing points of a forgotten firing range which is hidden in the woods. We will give up all finds for his research which he will share at displays & talks.
 
On Saturday we are helping a local history buff locate the firing points of a forgotten firing range which is hidden in the woods. We will give up all finds for his research which he will share at displays & talks.
[/quote]
Thats very interesting, I would jump at the chance to do something like.
 
Still a good day detecting! HH, Mike
 
Nice finds there, better than I usually get ;-)
HH Ray
 
Hey ! could you pass me one of those (not alot ) days ? LOL ;D looks like a great day to me crusader congrats ;)
 
Yea give up detecting buddy and start collecting stamps as i cant even see a ring pull ;D ;D ;D
 
castle keep said:
Yea give up detecting buddy and start collecting stamps as i cant even see a ring pull ;D ;D ;D

I gave up on stamps years ago. :D
 
I wish we had stuff that old,that awesome .I will take all the stuff you dont want.
 
CRUSADER said:
Worst day in awhile but all part of the detecting experience :)

Crusader, just for grins, I think a lot of us back here in the states would like to see some pics
of the "junk" you and your dad would typically throw in the trash bucket after one of your hunts :D

I'd take one of your "worst days" anytime ;D

Take care & HH!
 
watercolor said:
CRUSADER said:
Worst day in awhile but all part of the detecting experience :)

Crusader, just for grins, I think a lot of us back here in the states would like to see some pics
of the "junk" you and your dad would typically throw in the trash bucket after one of your hunts :D

I'd take one of your "worst days" anytime ;D

Take care & HH!

This is what I cleared on one field in 2 hours (it was a dump though)
 

Attachments

  • rubbish.webp
    rubbish.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 245
  • rubbish.webp
    rubbish.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 258
CRUSADER said:
watercolor said:
CRUSADER said:
Worst day in awhile but all part of the detecting experience :)

Crusader, just for grins, I think a lot of us back here in the states would like to see some pics
of the "junk" you and your dad would typically throw in the trash bucket after one of your hunts :D

I'd take one of your "worst days" anytime ;D

Take care & HH!

This is what I cleared on one field in 2 hours (it was a dump though)

:D :D :D Thanks!
Best wishes on Day 4 ;)
 
CRUSADER said:
watercolor said:
CRUSADER said:
Worst day in awhile but all part of the detecting experience :)

Looks about an average day here, but we don´t normally get the good finds to go with it :-(
Crusader, just for grins, I think a lot of us back here in the states would like to see some pics
of the "junk" you and your dad would typically throw in the trash bucket after one of your hunts :D

I'd take one of your "worst days" anytime ;D

Take care & HH!

This is what I cleared on one field in 2 hours (it was a dump though)

Yep, we get about double that junk, and a quarter of the good where I am :-(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom