What's new

Day 4 of vacation, back to the island yields relics.

UnknownArts

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2015
Messages
56
Reaction score
114
Golden Thread
0
Location
Burlington, VT
Detector(s) used
Garret Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to need some help from the more knowledgable people here as I don't know much about bullets. But I think I have 4 here. Also found a great eagle button. Says sigmund eisner red bank on the back. My reasearch led me to a WWI army button but would love some input.
 

Attachments

  • 1436480212630.webp
    1436480212630.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 1436480224257.webp
    1436480224257.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 1436480233633.webp
    1436480233633.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 12
That's Red Bank, NJ! :thumbsup: Looks like his factory was in Red Bank and I believe the button is a Great Seal button from ca WW I. I found a similar cuff button recently here in NJ...I'll have to check the back mark on mine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Eisner
 
Very nice finds! The round one is a musket ball.
 
Top bullet looks like a modern jacketed pistol bullet . Ball ammo type
 
ARTS YOU GOT A COOL MIX OF FNIDS.
 
Man what a great spot you have all to yourself!!
 
nice finds, good button too!
how much longer on your
vacation?
 
How long were musket balls used for? Any way of dating them?

Over 200 years, & very difficult to date, the diameter will help an expert give an opinion.
 
That is a great looking military button.
 
I haven't really been to a civil war site and would love to own an eagle button like that. That is a great one! Are you at a civil war site? It could be a little earlier.
 
I haven't really been to a civil war site and would love to own an eagle button like that. That is a great one! Are you at a civil war site? It could be a little earlier.

I'm no button expert but my research led me to belive it was a WWI button. I think the eagle faced the other way for the older buttons of this style. If you have any info about it please share!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom