May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winters on its way, this morning I had to wear another layer (first time this year).

Morning hunt was slow with a best find of a Lead Medieval Cloth Seal.

So decided to switch to plan B after lunch. I did the far end of the field in readiness of stage 2. Doing the end like this will shorten the runs on Dads return. See picture to get the idea.

I had a further 2 Cloth seals & it wasn't until the last run I had a hammered:

Cut halfpenny of Henry III 1247-72 :)

Silver spoon bowl was nearly the best find :)

At one stage I thought I dug my first cannon ball. lol

On the way back to the bike I got a 17th century token & 1881H halfpenny in great condition.

Still a lot of field to go & very little time. I'm back at work for 2 days & then off Friday.

Attachments

• Bits.JPG
    Bits.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 438
  • Lead.JPG
    Lead.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 423
  • Buckles.JPG
    Buckles.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 419
  • Heads.JPG
    Heads.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 422
  • Tails.JPG
    Tails.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 415
  • ball.JPG
    ball.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
Field

Attachments

• Field.JPG
    Field.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 403
Nice finds and congrats on the hammered! I have a similar looking canon ball, was fired from what is called a hook gun. Actually a small shoulder mounted canon with a hook that was placed over a castle wall to absorb the recoil. The ball is small about 1.5" and is made of lead with iron fragments in it. HH, Mike

Nice wilver, bud. Do you take your detector apart before riding home? I bet other dudes are thinking, when they see you on your bike with a detector in your bag, "He must be detecting, sir." :D

Crusader,
Great finds as always. Love that 1881.
Congrats,
MM

KirkPA said:
Nice wilver, bud. Do you take your detector apart before riding home? I bet other dudes are thinking, when they see you on your bike with a detector in your bag, "He must be detecting, sir." :D

Nope, spade across the handle bars & detector in right hand pointing like a lance.

CRUSADER said:
KirkPA said:

Nope, spade across the handle bars & detector in right hand pointing like a lance.

Awesome visual image!

I had a question about your procedures for fields this big... Do you grid the area with stakes or twine, or do you try as best as you can to overlap each run?

Nice work, as always. Congrats on the hammered. They're always a great find, regardless of whether they have been cut or not. Those gold gilt buttons are neat too.

Cheers,

Buckleboy

Great coins and relics! Great piece of grape shot! Those fields you have over there REALLY ARE SUPERB

Crusader, this past month has been a real treat to see all the amazing things you and your dad have been pulling out of those fields. ;)
You both compliment each other nicely!

Now, dare we ask what you intend for an encore? :o

CRUSADER said:
KirkPA said:

Now thats funny. and great finds I hope to detect on the other side somday
KIRK what happened to your avitar is it a full moon agien

Again you have produced some trulely awsome finds! Keep em coming!

BuckleBoy said:
CRUSADER said:
KirkPA said:

Awesome visual image!

I had a question about your procedures for fields this big... Do you grid the area with stakes or twine, or do you try as best as you can to overlap each run?

Nice work, as always. Congrats on the hammered. They're always a great find, regardless of whether they have been cut or not. Those gold gilt buttons are neat too.

Cheers,

Buckleboy

When the field has been rolled it leaves some handy lines in the mud to follow.

If I'm detecting with my Dad, then we use 2 flags. 1 at each end & depending on the length of the run several stick marks along the way.
When by myself I use big white stones every 50 metres following the lines. Easy really.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back